Off-centre bottom bracket?? How come?

The bike I ride regularly has about 2mm offset, and I cannot feel that.
But this "new" frame has over 5mm. That's quite a lot. I fear it might be noticeable.

The bike I ride regularly has about 2mm offset, and I cannot feel that.
But this "new" frame has over 5mm. That's quite a lot. I fear it might be noticeable.
If I could feel 5mm between my legs....

never mind. :p

ride it, I raccoons you be fine.

It's something I've never thought about - leastways, I don't think I've thought about it.
Just checked the couple of my bikes that I can get to easily, each one has got spot on the same offset between the cranks and chain stays on each side - the bike specific offsets are different by a few mm but then that shouldn't be a surprise as the chain sets are different models and not only are the frames from different eras and manufacturers but they're also made from different materials, one is steel whilst the other is alloy.

I seriously doubt that something like crank offset has any noticeable effect. Except now you know about it so there's always the chance of a psychological effect such as attributing the cause of any unusual aches and pains to it.

I seriously doubt that something like crank offset has any noticeable effect. Except now you know about it so there's always the chance of a psychological effect such as attributing the cause of any unusual aches and pains to it.

That is a risk, yes...

Back