Could you help me to identify this Claud Butler?

Nedgo20

Retro Newbie
Hello!

I recently found this Claud Butler at the farm I am working at rusting away in a shed. I bought it off the farm owner as I saw the potential for a city run around, perhaps even fixie conversion.

Looking at it closely after giving it a quick clean it looks like it could be something a bit special so hoping someone could help me to identify it so I know its origins. The forks are stickered as reynolds 531 and there is a milremo sticker on the frame itself. The headtube badge has the olympic rings (albeit in a square interpretation) close to the CB of the manufacturer. The front mech is campagnolo as are the gear levers on the downtube.

If anyone knows anything about this bike and where it fits in with the history of Claud Butler, especially whether it is a real 'Claud' I would be greatful to hear from you and may be able to do the bike justice in restoring it.

Many thanks,

James

- it wont let me upload the photo unfortunately!!

Try and post the frame number up here, and also if the down tube transfer has the Clapham address, it is pre-1956 (a real Claud Butler, made in Manor street, Clapham). Post a photo of the downtube transfer.

Back