show us your cars 2

grahame":t5l0i5qk said:
lewis1641":t5l0i5qk said:
fingers":t5l0i5qk said:
lewis1641":t5l0i5qk said:
my recently modified saxo

I reckon that'll T-Cut out.

What happened???

Damp roads and several trees. No serious injuries thank goodness.

Ah, another case of ambition exceeding talent :twisted: ;)

not really. she wasnt going fast at all. i think she was caught out by slippery conditions.

given what happened she's licky to be alive, let alone to have walked away from it

Don't get me wrong, Lewis. I'm glad she walked away. But an "accident" like that with no other car or a mechanical failure involved just *has* to be a result of driving too fast for the conditions.

This is one reason why I am glad to see the back of the Gatsos. They are unable to take into account the fact that "appropriate" speed will vary with the conditions. 60mph (ie national speed limit) may well be fine in the dry, but on a wet, greasy road it may weel be downright dangerous.

I hope it was properly insured.

grahame":1tuae9e2 said:
Don't get me wrong, Lewis. I'm glad she walked away. But an "accident" like that with no other car or a mechanical failure involved just *has* to be a result of driving too fast for the conditions.

This is one reason why I am glad to see the back of the Gatsos. They are unable to take into account the fact that "appropriate" speed will vary with the conditions. 60mph (ie national speed limit) may well be fine in the dry, but on a wet, greasy road it may weel be downright dangerous.

I hope it was properly insured.
thats a better way of putting it and i quite agree although i know that road very well and it is not a severe corner. i am deeply suspicious there was something slippy on the road.

as for insurance, third party fire and theft.

back to the drawing board...

My Vauxhall Zafira GSi was hurting my wallet a little too much (av. 25/30mpg combined), the kids werent loving the hard ride and the wife found the Recaro's uncomfortable.

To be honest, the novelty of 200 bhp wore off pretty quickly.....

So, after consultation with our resident taxi driver Mr LGF, enter my new motor.

VW Passat TDI.

Nature of my business I'm 2 miles here, 10 miles there, and then longer runs at the weekend. So, a TDI is the way forward.

Attachments

• IMG00572.jpg
    IMG00572.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,162
I have a new shape passat tdi, its a comfy old beast, loads of space, and sips the diesel pretty slowly!

(I still have the BMW for weekends :cool: )

fingers":1wmsu9es said:
I have a new shape passat tdi, its a comfy old beast, loads of space, and sips the diesel pretty slowly!

I've only done about 15miles in it since collection, and that was round town, and its returning 45mpg. I'm off to Heathrow Sunday PM, then to Gt Yarmouth on Monday. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 60mpg ;)

Pickle":2ad3r0dm said:
fingers":2ad3r0dm said:

I've only done about 15miles in it since collection, and that was round town, and its returning 45mpg. I'm off to Heathrow Sunday PM, then to Gt Yarmouth on Monday. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 60mpg ;)

Is it a PD100 or PD130??

I have never had 60 out of mine - the b6 passat comes in 1.9 PD105 flavour... That said, I rip the arse out of it and get 40 mpg all day.

Longer trips 50 or so. But I do have 150+ KG of work gear in the boot all the time...

Good choice mr pickle.

We can map that for really good fuel consumption!

I really like passats.

Dibs on the alloys!

fingers":7cw4oi5h said:
Is it a PD100 or PD130??

I have never had 60 out of mine - the b6 passat comes in 1.9 PD105 flavour... That said, I rip the arse out of it and get 40 mpg all day.

Longer trips 50 or so. But I do have 150+ KG of work gear in the boot all the time...

PD130.

I used to have a Vectra 1.9 CDTI (120), and when driven on a long, easy run, I managed 55mpg.

If I can get 50+pmg I'll be happy.....but then anything over 35mpg will be nice at the moment! :LOL:

lewis1641":2u19l6ha said:
Good choice mr pickle.

We can map that for really good fuel consumption!

I really like passats.

Dibs on the alloys!

Cheers Dave.

I supprised you want the alloys, they're only 15's.....but NO kerb marks :shock:

Back