KONA - EXPLOSIF or HEI HEI

deelam

Retro Guru
1st Post - This site is REALLY bringing back the memories!!!

I am desperately looking for an early (92-95) EXPLOSIF or HEI HEI (even consider a cindercone) 18/19". Preferably a complete bike but prepared to build.
I used to live in the saddle of my old explosif, it got stolen back in 94 and I kind of fell away from off-roading. Now I am born-again ;) and none of the modern bikes "feel" quite right. SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!!!
I don't mind a few knocks, but no major damage please.

EDIT: Heck! I'm older than I thought, I had a '92!!!

Plenty of retro Konas about if you bide your time. Been a few Explosifs, Hei-Heis and cindercones go through ebay and stw. Worth looking on ebay.com and ebay.de also.

Good look in the search!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi, I have a 1993 Kona Cindercone which I want to get rid of. It is a 20", has P2 forks. However, I recovered it from a nasty fate (someone was going to take it to the skip!) and in a rash fit of esoterica-mania I filed off the downtube cable guides in the conversion to singlespeed (blasphemous I know). It was also in very poor cosmetic condition so I sprayed it with Halfords paint which isn't exactly the same as a Argos paint job, as you can imagine. However, structurally it is sound with no creases or wrinkles in the tubes and only one small (1/16") dent in the top tube. It has Truvativ V brakes (which are good), virtually new LX BB, 32/16 gear, tri-core seatpost, X-lite kevlar saddle, VP flat pedals (DX copies), 1 1/8" quill stem (I also have the original Velocity stem with cable guide which you can have) and some lovely Middleburn RS2 cranks. Wheels are a mix of salvage stuff from my days as a bike mechanic. Its not pimpin' but it will be cheap and would probably be worth restoring because its just such a classic. email me if you want to know more.

If anyone want the RS2's I can split them - they're black ano. without the Middleburn logo as they were made for Goldtec to display chainrings & are 175mm long.

Sam

Back