alpinestars ti-mega EOS

A few words from Mike:

"Here’s a few words, hope you can post them.

“ I’ve always been very interested in assisting with the product R&D for what ever it was I use in sports. The Alpine Stars Ti-Mega was no exception. This was really a state of the art bike for it’s time, one of it’s biggest attributes was the short wheel base, the innovative frame design allowed for a very short wheel base which made this bike climb like a WW-II Willie’s Jeep! I loved the way it climbed, especially out of the saddle. As a matter of fact, it has such a short wheel base that fine tuning the front derailleur to shift into the small (Granny) ring was a real art. I rode this gem to many a victory! Enjoy as I did, she’s a real work of art….”

Mike Kloser"

Thank you very much Mike, your memories of the ti-mega are greatly appreciated. I contacted Mike through his personal website www.mikekloser.com and he's been a real gentleman to deal with. If you read through his site, you might gather he's a very busy man and a true athlete in every sense of the word.

e.jpg

Cool the answer of Mike closer !
The more European of the US riders.

I've found picture of 1990 of him riding his ti-mega. But he rode a lot with an RS1 front ;)

UPDATE:

The ti-mega is still going strong after many an hour on the trails. Its been raced regularly in the British Cycling Manchester Midweek Madness Series and was also my race bike at Mountain Mayhem 2010. I’m still very much in love with it and after quite a while of struggling to get to grips with it from a riding point of view, i'm now flying on it.

Mountain Mayhem 2010:
Kloser-1.jpg

IMG_7442.jpg

IMG_7443.jpg

British Cycling Manchester Midweek Madness Series 2010:
ManchesterSeries8710038.jpg

In recent times its inherited a few parts from other bikes and been sporting some M900 XTR brakes, chain set and rear mech, but will soon be going back to its M735 spec. Long term M900 is probably the way forward for it and I’ve finally managed to source that elusive M900 front mech so it’s a real possibility when funds permit. Here is the bike in pre Mountain Mayhem spec:

2010_0616fs0016.jpg

BoTM

My ti-mega was lucky enough to be voted Retrobike BoTM a couple of months back. This not only meant a front page slott on the site but also a small article in MBR magazine with a 12 month subscription to the magazine.

2010_0331ti0002.jpg

2010_0331ti0004.jpg

OWMTBC

The Old World MTB Championships is in North Wales this year and I’ve been asked to put together a small and hopefully not too boring presentation on the alpinestars/MS Racing brand. Thus myself and fellow alpinestars collector GT-Steve have joined forces to put on a small display of bikes and alpinestars memorabilia. We also have a very special guest who will be available for a Q and A session,. Details of the OWMTBC and how to enter can be found at www.owmtbc.org

logo.png

each time i see you timega kleenex shares go up :oops:

it is a very, very nice bike put together with time and effort and done very tastfully :cool:

i agree with you mark that xtr m900 is the way to go, as it is the ultimate alpinestar and xtr is top of the pile for that era of biking

great pictures

keep it up

stubbsy :D

quote "I’m still very much in love with it and after quite a while of struggling to get to grips with it from a riding point of view"

whats been the issues ?
the ti of it or the EOS of it
i must say my cro-megas and al-mega ride excellently ,but anyone else
that rides them find them odd ,or horrible as one calls it

mikee":3v081b7q said:
quote "I’m still very much in love with it and after quite a while of struggling to get to grips with it from a riding point of view"

whats been the issues ?
the ti of it or the EOS of it
i must say my cro-megas and al-mega ride excellently ,but anyone else
that rides them find them odd ,or horrible as one calls it
Think it was mostly me being too careful with it, but also the stem was a dab high for me (i've not fitted a 135mm zero rise which is far better). I've been riding the cro-megas for many years now and so the EOS feel is very natural to me, but the pure titanium feel is something new to me and that too took a little adjusting to. All these little niggles contributed to a bit of ill feeling between me and the bike, but eventually I got the hang of it.

i know what you mean
i get a bit paranoid about my al mega
not that its worth anything ,other than to me
the ti must be a lot worse ,good to see it getting used
gonna try to get to wales for the owbtb thing
but might meet you at the BDW ,taking a cro-mega to that
just not sure which one yet

Back