Headset & B/B for 1993 Kona Cinder Cone

Will Palmer

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Can't find 'proper' headsets anywhere, but I don't really know where to look!

I'm trying to resurrect my lovely old 1993 Cinder Cone. Would like to replace the Joe Murray Impact headset like-for-like if possible, unless someone can recommend a better/more available unit.

Likely to need to replace the bottom bracket as the bike has been in a basement for nearly 10 years! If anyone know's where I could source the parts I'll need to get the beast back on/off the road I'd be very grateful :D

Thanks

if its 11/8 then a chris king headset would look good in your bike matey if its theaded then a shimano dx lush :cool: ps i ave neither just offering serving out ideas :cool:

Thanks for the quick response!! :)

I've seen the Chris King GripNut, which apparently allows you to fit a 'nothreadset' to a set of threaded 1 1/8 forks - i.e. my Project 2's.

Are they any good or am I probably better of tracking down a regular threaded headset for them!?

shimano dx headsets are a good threaded headset they only cost around £15 new and last donkeys years :cool: if that helps :D

Thanks..

...for the help!

Fortunately, routing about in the shed found the bag containing my front 987 cantis and the Stronglight X15 headset i bought just before consigning the bike to the cellar!!

Back