Oh bum. Have I been had? Peugeot content

The one thing I thought was Carbolite frame incomplete seat post. Oh dear. Those bikes take a funny sized seat post which are, quite frankly, like rocking horse poop.

On the subject of long legs and frame size; If you have long legs for your height then the last thing you want is a large frame. You will have a correspondingly short torso and so will need a short top tube. In that case always size for the length of the TT and just raise the seat to suit your legs. 6'3" with a 38" inside leg would give you a shorter torso than me and I'm just short of 6', my smaller Peugeot (23.5"-ish depending on which measurement standard you use) is right on the limit for me length wise so it would suit somebody with those curious dimensions.

agreed - and I speak from experience, however, without the tall head tube you get with a large frame you have a very large drop between saddle height and handlebars height.

The post that came with it was plastic! It therefore went straight in the bin. The seatpost ID on these is 23.4mm and of all people, Decathlon do a 23.4mm seatpost for their bTwin range.

The other stuff on it was: Atax cut-down drops, CLB levers, one CLB caliper on the front, Simplex downtube shifters, Simplex derailleurs, the aforementioned wheels and a very close-ratio 6-speed screw-on block.

Unfortunately the stem is stuck in the fork. I suspect that someone has bashed in a British stem (22.2mm) rather than French :(

Back