gary fisher,s to build

FairfaxPat":3gu2drm8 said:
I rode a Fisher Cake from 2005 until September 2009 and loved it! Then I broke the swingarm-so I got upgraded to this!

thats one nice frame fairfaxpat whats it ride like also have you any photos of the built up bike.
thwang

The new frame handles pretty much the same as the Cake. I had upgraded the fork on the Cake a few months before it broke the swingarm to the newest Spec Fox F32RLC. This particular fork has more offset at the crown especially for Fisher, which gives it less Trail on the ground, resulting in a much improved (tighter) turning circle at low speeds. We have a local Boy Scout Camp here with a really fun, but tight loop through it and I find it much easier to navigate with the upgraded fork. It also didn't seem to affect the high speed straight line, bombing down the hill stability at all, which is what I really love about the Cake and my new HiFi. So really the only difference I see is about a pound less weight and a quieter ride, as the carbon dampens it somehow. So here is a built up picture with XT cranks and XTR everything else.

Attachments

• HIFI 2.jpeg
    HIFI 2.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 2,393
Here is a picture of my bike along with Howard's 2008 HiFi, then Charlie Kelly's 2009 Rumblefish and Gary's 2001 Sugar 1. We often ride together with our 4 Fishers. I found a nice red and black Selle Italia saddle to add to the color scheme!

Attachments

• 4Fishers.jpg
    4Fishers.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,389
never had much love for these but that sugar 3 looks nice
hows the injuries?

maybee a more sit up riding position will help your back/neck

certainly makes a difference for me

hi mikee
neck fine now fingers crossed i normaly run a 120mm stem but have come down to a 105mm helped a lot just have to adjust to the new setting.
thwang

Back