NEVER jump with CARBON bars OUCH lucky escape!!!!!!

echihn":pet3z29l said:
sastusbulbas":pet3z29l said:
3 things I stay away from... carbon seatposts, carbon bars, carbon crown'd forks (like the new rock shox w/ carbon crown and steer).

eeek!!! :shock: I have examples of all of these, and one bike with all 3 on it!!! :?

not had any CF part fail but have broken two alloy seatposts - they fail quite suddenly too.

graham1975":nlw9i6xi said:
LOL Formula K18, the new version is RX, fantastic brakes, way way supior to Hope IMHO
Yup, got Hope's on my Orange 5, no way as good as the Formula R1's on my Cube

Formula brakes are freaking awesome :cool:

02gf74":cxs9q0fi said:
echihn":cxs9q0fi said:
sastusbulbas":cxs9q0fi said:
3 things I stay away from... carbon seatposts, carbon bars, carbon crown'd forks (like the new rock shox w/ carbon crown and steer).

eeek!!! :shock: I have examples of all of these, and one bike with all 3 on it!!! :?

not had any CF part fail but have broken two alloy seatposts - they fail quite suddenly too.

LOL god help you..... you are bound to end up in a pile at some point :LOL:

Andy B":39w5l9in said:
graham1975":39w5l9in said:
LOL Formula K18, the new version is RX, fantastic brakes, way way supior to Hope IMHO

I agree totaly Andy my mate John has the Formula One brakes on his Cube Fritzz they are amazing i can not see how the R1's could be any better or is it just the weight thats is the diffrence?

R1 has 22mm pistons, The One's have 24mm pistons, probably a few other differences, but piston size & weight are the main ones.

R1's are a XC/trail/enduro brake but would work for a lightweight rider on much more hardcore stuff

Ones are more freeride/DH brakes, but are light enough to use for all mountain/enduro riding

graham1975":3o5k25bq said:
Andy B":3o5k25bq said:
graham1975":3o5k25bq said:

I agree totaly Andy my mate John has the Formula One brakes on his Cube Fritzz they are amazing i can not see how the R1's could be any better or is it just the weight thats is the diffrence?

Formulas are good but not half as bling as my carbon hope mono pros, who cares if I get wiped out at a junction because I cant stop at the bottom. SING FOR THE BLING ! :p

CalaisWoodBurner":yfzbslp6 said:
graham1975":yfzbslp6 said:
Andy B":yfzbslp6 said:
graham1975":yfzbslp6 said:

Formulas are good but not half as bling as my carbon hope mono pros, who cares if I get wiped out at a junction because I cant stop at the bottom. SING FOR THE BLING ! :p

You could sing for the bling whilst rolling down decents on your ass because your hoses have popped off due to sqeezing them so hard because they are utter crap, imagine going away on holiday and constantly boiling your brakes and coming a cropper every run because you cant stop, id much rather have brakes that work :LOL: :LOL:

Back