FSR '99 DH project.

i personally think its cheaper to buy a second hand (or sometimes new) shock, but if you have he cash to splash for a service you can get it fine tuned to your needs

eg. my fox float (165mm i2i) will cost around £80 for a service whereas looking around, a new marzocchi or rock shox one can be had for that or a second hand float which doesnt need service for around £40 :roll:

cyfa2809":4sbdig4t said:
i personally think its cheaper to buy a second hand (or sometimes new) shock, but if you have he cash to splash for a service you can get it fine tuned to your needs

eg. my fox float (165mm i2i) will cost around £80 for a service whereas looking around, a new marzocchi or rock shox one can be had for that or a second hand float which doesnt need service for around £40 :roll:

Thanks mate, hopfully it's all ok...

Hi, SEANSTEPHENS I've not heard back about the chainstay?

i didnt mean to ignore your pm intentionally, but i'll get back to you by the end of the week when ive decided how much its worth

the bearings i think are quite good. theyre well greased and seem to turn smoothly, though it hasnt been used for quite some time, so i cant really comment on the state of the bushes either. though the bike it came from was well cared for

Tried to get hold of a new chainstay to replaced the cracked one. Specialized replied back saying that they no longer have any parts for these DH frames anymore. BETD also through up a blank for parts but said his friend has a white FSR DH 99, full frame for sale for £250..

So I bought the FSR GC frame from inittowinit from here as it came with a bare chainstay, the same one as I needed, as a spare.. I then also bought the rear clip from SEANSTEPHENS as it was complete with bearings.

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

So that chainstay was attached to the stronger DH seatstay, and I now have a spare chainstay and a GC frame for sale ; - )

Also...

I bought the Marzocchi Junior T 130mm forks from haydnw, again from this forum!

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

The chainstay with the smaller hole (circled in pic) nr the main pivot is the stronger revised one.

When I got warranty replacement on my chainstay they sent a new one with a smaller hole.

You should use the one circled if you can as its going to be less likely to crack.

Attachments

• IMG_3749.jpg
    IMG_3749.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,841
The chainsaty with the smaller hole is the cracked one. See how it goes with the other + have a spare ;-) Might try to get the smaller holed one repaired too.

Latest posts

Back