WTD: Judy DH or Judy XC LT or ? For canti brakes if poss?

Hermit

Retro Guru
For my 95 FSR

It's been hanging around for a while and every now and then I'd look for parts but got fed up trying to find bits or getting outbid. These've been mentioned a bit recently in posts and seeing pics of one's built up it's got me going again :p

So, looking for some forks for it, I'd really like something for old canti's so I can put on my tri-aligns, did they make the Judy DH with the canti brace, I can't remember? Or some long travel XC's? Or anything else you might have, but I'd like something a bit better than 21R's? 1 and 1/8th ahead, but I'll put on threaded if I have to?

Or, eventually I'll have to put on something newer with V brakes :cry:

I've got a spare judy canti brace (badly needs new paint) for £5posted if you find the forks & not the brace :)

Scant and Jez, thanks, that's given me a bit of choice - so I'll keep an eye out for some where I can replace the brace or a 1&1/8th steerer/crown?

Another thought is can you get a cable stop for cantis that can screw into that hole on the brace on some of the newer rockshox. Sure I've seen some pictures of bikes with this on?

Hi....

I've got a pair of Judy DH's with the canti brace fitted with Speedsprings so still pretty smooth for their age.

At the moment they are on my STS-1 and am considering whether or not to split or sell as a complete bike.

If you can give me some idea of what you are wanting to pay for a set, I'll let you know if I'm willing to split.

Thanks

Simon

I have two Sworks FSR, 1994 and 1995.
The headset is 1"1/8 not 1".
The 1" is for only Ultimate and Steel, not FSR

Hi everyone, I've now got some Judy DH's on the way to me :D

Thanks to everyone who replied, much appreciated and a great response, spoilt for choice in the end .... now what else do I need :cool:

Cheers

Back