What's the daftest thing you've ever fitted?

I was only about ten, but mine was indicators, my brother had huge cow horns on his so mine was less embarrassing IMO. :oops:

mine was a set of Profile aero bars on my Rockhopper - they were a bit like Scott AT4's except they attached to a standard bar, but bigger, squarer and fluoro yellow! :oops: AT4's were cool IMO

Cannondale Velcro bottle cage and bottle. So cool an idea but i nearly died trying to attach it properly on a hill. And the velcro got very muddy and didn't work properly. But it did look cool. A simple concave plastic cage and a bottle with a layer of velcro all round it.

I had an action man talking commander attached to the front of my BMX Super Burner, Jesus Christ crucifix pose on the number board...what was i thinking..

It's a miracle my parents didn't have me put down ..

On my flexstem I had brahma bars.

150mm long flexstem and bendy bars with about 6 inch extension... by the laws of leverage I probably had about 3 inches of travel and was able exert huge forces on the pivot of the flexstem which eventually led to it's (timely) demise.

52 tooth chainring.

On a hill in the local forest I used to be able to get to 43.5mph on my computer running a 46 x 12 drivetrain. I bought a 52 tooth chainring and headed out to break my record... and failed :roll:
When i went back to the 46 tooth because the 52 tooth made the shifting was rubbish I was able to get up to 44mph. The big ring made no difference... 43/44mph was the max you could get out of that hill.

Hilts":159q1das said:
I had an action man talking commander attached to the front of my BMX Super Burner, Jesus Christ crucifix pose on the number board...what was i thinking..

It's a miracle my parents didn't have me put down ..
you given me an idea. I still have an Action man (german officer) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

On the othe post- :cool:
And i like HO pedals

Downtube Crud Catcher..

..during the driest Sydney winter there's ever been.. :roll:

Back