10 at Kirroughtree

In retrospect it was really good, at the time after the first lap I thought it was too much of a mixed bag, looong fireroad then flung into a techie section and the off camber roots were a PIA. But the more you did the better it(and you) got, challenging in bits and you could see yourself improving each time. All in all a thumbs up :cool:

Theres an article in Singletrack this month talking about the ten courses. Kirroughtree sounds like its going to be a blast :D

so is it 10 hours round the red run or 10 round the black :shock: ?

edit ok i did a google search and its shown me a map with lots of squiggly lines and arrows on it from last year, does anyone know roughly the distance? have any teams been formed yet? can i play can i play? :D :D :D

The course, if the ben one is anything to go by, should be around 10 miles. It'll take in some bits of both and a few new trails, should be a bit of fire road too. I won't be too taxing since some folks will e doing it for ten hours straight but will be chalenging enough for the rest of us. The singletrack article sums it up by saying 'Kirroughtree is a blast. Race as fast as you dare then add 5mph' :D
Team wise nothing has been mentioned yet. Once we see the volunteers we'll go from there, though I do fancy a solo bit :eek:

kaiser":12jgnqcg said:
The course, if the ben one is anything to go by, should be around 10 miles. It'll take in some bits of both and a few new trails, should be a bit of fire road too. I won't be too taxing since some folks will e doing it for ten hours straight but will be chalenging enough for the rest of us. The singletrack article sums it up by saying 'Kirroughtree is a blast. Race as fast as you dare then add 5mph' :D
Team wise nothing has been mentioned yet. Once we see the volunteers we'll go from there, though I do fancy a solo bit :eek:

oooh brave man :cool:

What about we all do it solo operating from the same base camp and have a sort of inter MacRetro comp. That way we can ride when we feel ready and sort out our own individual strategies plus we all get to start at the same time in the Le Mans start :D

Good idea V, costs are the same whether your solo or teams IIRC.

I bet this gets messy- lots of hairy arsed macretro riders getting all competitive, can we have a wee sweepstake on the likley winners :twisted:

Back