10 at Kirroughtree

clockworkgazz":1x12v37s said:
I bet this gets messy- lots of hairy arsed macretro riders getting all competitive, can we have a wee sweepstake on the likley winners :twisted:

The competitor lists should be up before the event. You can guess were we'll all finish :p

If everyone decides to go solo then i'd give it a go but as its my first event i think i'd be best in a team, that and i'm still recovering after knackering my back....yet again :roll:

Just cause your solo doesn't mean you have to ride constantly. I reckon 3 laps might be my total and at all other times I'd be chilling in base camp :cool:

I found with a 4 man team there was too much hanging around and if there was a good break in the weather you could not make the most of it as you had to wait your turn :roll:

yes agree there velo, I would like to do the next 10 I enter as a trio but I don't want to go last this time.

I'd love to do kirro but I really don't see me getting away.

On plus note my wife got about 10 times the amount of tiding up done whille I was at nevis... Must be because of all the time she saves not having to shout at me to help out or hurry up :)

TK awesome excuse for going' well look at all the tidying you got done last time dear' :LOL:

There was something in being a team...but I can't put my finger on it. Not an obligation but it did give some incentive, maybe not as strong as other teams though. I reckon we're still too green at this but team dynamics could play a part in future events.

I think the team set up does push you a bit but if we were a group of soloists we would definitely push/encourage each other on.

not doing this but doing a duo was cool for me, solo would be a bit to serious IMHO and if you are well matched you will push each other on and recovery time was just about right too.

Aye, the unplanned 10UTB trio worked out quite well for me - fitness wise I think I'm somewhere between a duo and trio, could definitely do the full 10 hours as a trio, but would toil as a duo. God help me, I'm thinking about a road bike for additional training. DOCTOR!

Still thinking about coming down for this. Not sure about the solo thing though.

do what I did ZZ, buy a road bike, pull it to bits with great plans and then leave it in the garage where it belongs :LOL:

Back