GT LTS 3000 in Russia (Update - waiting for CNC)

That's Great. I have an option to buy a Stratos TR-1 Locally, but if it's better to buy this special FOX - than I'll order from Chainreaction...

100-500 hours in SolidWorks.

Thanks everybody for information. My problem was that BETD set is based on ball bearings and I recieved a set of GT original replacement parts. And they use needle bearings everywhere except for horst link.

I'll have to machine an upper link a little bit because upper rear axle holes were 18mm in diameter but roller bearings from GT for this joint are
SCE99:
- 19,05mm (3/4") outer diameter
- 14.2875mm (9/16") inner diameter
- 14.2875mm (9/16") width
this bearing has one sided sealing

Same for upper frame link. Hole for bearing is 25mm but roller bearings are SCE126
- 25.4mm (1") outer diameter
- 19,05mm (3/4") inner diameter
- 9,525mm (3/8") width
This bearing has no seals

Lower frame link was perfect with 25.4mm hole it fits the supplied bearing perfectly.
Bearing is SCE129:
- 25.4mm (1") outer diameter
- 14.2875mm (9/16") width
this bearing has one sided sealing as well.

Kit came with 4 big PTFE washers and 2 small PTFE washers:
Big washer:
- 32mm outer diameter
- 1.6mm thickness

Small washer:
- 23.5mm outer diameter
- 14.2875mm (9/16") inner diameter
- 1.1mm thickness

I'll have to verify all the measurements and finalise the drawings.

Then I hope I'll be able to make them.

Attachments

• upper link.jpg
    upper link.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 5,607
  • lower link.jpg
    lower link.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 5,607
  • GT bearings set.jpg
    GT bearings set.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5,607
Finally given all the parts which have to be machined to a professionals. they will be doing it until end of may.

Now I have a dillema - I have a red- silver frame and now I'm thinking about color of the frame.

I'm thinking that white frame + all black components and black fork is OK.

But what if red frame and all black?

I can even make it white frame + white seatpost + white fork all components black and add some brown bits like grips and saddle

Or move to black and white in everything.

Or total black everywhere.

I'm confused.

I think it'll be easier to decide once I'll have a bike with all the suspension parts and do a test build.

Total black is an option but I think it'll become too gloomy. So I'm searching for any other options.

Now my task is to try to rebuild a shock? If I'll succeed I'll use it.
In the same time I'll have to vectorize the decals before striping the frame.

Spoke pattern is classic 36 spokes with 3x cross pattern.
32 spokes give you a straight cross where circle is devided in equal 4 parts with parallel-going spokes. If you do 36 holes - it will have this additional cross section made by additional 4 spokes.

Waiting for new parts for my suspension, and in the meantime polishing all the aluminium parts. polish makes a huge difference. Never thought frame parts could be so shiny. But it takes a lot of wet polishing with 6 different sandpaper grits - from 200 to 2000, metalpolish from black magic and tons of elbow grease.

i'm going to order a rear shock from CRC and finally digitize the decal set from frame.

I'll post the vector files I have for my LTS-DH decals when I get a spare minute. You'll need to change the "DH" bit, but it should save you a lot of work. I drew them all by hand, so they're not perfect, but definitely a good start!

Thanks alot, I wanted to have a full set with small ones from seattube and headtube as well. I'll post them when they'll be finished.

Back