1" cable hangers.

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
If anyne saw my Trimble at MM they probbaly were aware of the stupid 1" hanger issue I have. The stupid Syncros hanger for the front brake cable doesnt come with a "tab" that slides doen the back face of the 1" fork steerer (keeping it in place when you turn the handlebars). All weekend as soon as you turned the bars the headset loosened and the hanger span over he right or left locking a brake canti to the wheel. Stupid set up.

Now does anyone have the same problem with their Syncros hanger and is the solution just to go out and buy a new hanger with a tab on it?

Anyone have a 1" one with a tab?

IF the same hanger as me (sounds like) No problem with a-head.

Ahead. mmm. Thats because it binds it all together I guess. Im a bit stumped on this one as I would have thought that this was the case with a threaded headset too as on the Trimble. Oh god...

In the catalogue I see them pictured clamped on a stem. I can also imagine they work clamped on an ahead steerer - if the corect size of course. The Tw made 'look alikes' also work that way. For clamping between the threaded headset bits, for example Dia Compe and MAFAC make what you need.

The syncros one is only for stem mounting not for steerer tube mounting. it should have come with a silver shim to go inside the hanger to mount on the stem.

(edit)Just seen the comment above ^^^, must learn to read others post before I dive in and say the same bloody thing!!

Back