Orange Vitamin T

goin off on a tangent (not literally the person, tangent ;D

yo eddys are stiff. I always found XLMs fairly soft (although merlin always insisted the XLMs as stiff as the mtn.) tho I love their ride & those big (for ti) rear stays :)
FAT tis have a weird ride, pretty stiff drivetrain stiffness, yet amazingly plush (for a hardtail!) back end & resilient ride... specialized ultimates are supposed to be very similiar <cough> ;)

but yeh, its pretty cool how FAT influenced, trained, led to, so many bike companies (merlin, one-off, independant fabrication, SRP, etc etc..)

<steps off soapbox, resume orange conversation> ;)

Thanks Scant for steering the topic of conversation back to the orange, I really fancy this bike and as it'll be my first retro excursion i'm not exactly sure what this bike is worth, I know with most rarer items it's really what is is worth to me!

I'm in negotiations with the sellar at the moment and as you can see from previous posts the starting price is slightly unrealistic.

So guys whats your honest opinion to the a realistic price for this bike?

Cheers

£400 sounds a little meagre to me, I'd probably pay 500 for it if I had the need. Would depend on condition obviously but it looks little used from the photo. Get some more detailed photos ;)
Theres some quite good parts on there that even if you don't fancy them could be resold. Then again I'm not a seasoned ebayer :D
Steve.

No the guys looking for £700 for it which considering all your posts is far too much still in talks with the guy to see if he'll lower his price...

I'll let you know how i get on??

Cheers guys

Back