1991 CLOCKWORK ORANGE RESTORATION PROJECT ( finished )

Bar-ends and seatpost and saddle now on, its getting there quicker than i thought it would, just waiting for grips and end caps and seatpost clamp to arrive, ohh and the XT V brakes

Attachments

• P1000956 [1600x1200].JPG
    P1000956 [1600x1200].JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,379
  • P1000957 [1600x1200].JPG
    P1000957 [1600x1200].JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,379
looks great loving your build, and much as the stem looks amazing, I personally think the clockwork feels and handles better with a shorter stem (mine did and with risers too), I've got a long stalk on my prestige and it does kind of feck up the feel and control at speed IMHO.

Clockworkga could you please send a pic of your bike with the shorter stem cheers, id like to see what you have achieved with yours, thats why i have put the barends on to try and raise ita tad whilst keeping the original stem and bars, im used to a 740 bar width not this short one

Check out the pictures from the Bowland ride Graham as you'll see my Clockwork with a shorter, higher stem. ;) Looooooong Stalk is back on mine now 'cos it looks better. :D

I agree, long stem looks better on an old steel frame like the Clockwork, mine has a 150mm Stalk on and rides great.

Which i will now need to strip and repaint white (along with the bars) as yours looks so good, damn it :LOL:

stickers.jpg

Funny you mention control at speed Gazz as generally the longer stem gives better stability at speed, less control in slow technical stuff.

Suppose it depends on if the bike is a rider or not, looooong stalks look the business but shorter stems make the bike better riders, no surprze really given long stems and all those other 90's designs (flex stems- canti's- elastomer forks etc...) dissapeared without a trace ;)

Its all about the look not how it rides LOL, thats what i rekon :LOL: :LOL: I have a 2009 Cube Stereo built up just for me and that is my riding bike, the Orange is there just to look nice although i will be using it in nice dry conditions

graham1975":394rpf9a said:
Cheers Jimmy, is your an original paintjob? as the fading is in different areas to mine?

Mine is a respray, dont think they were available that pattern anyway :)

Painted my stem and bars white yesterday, they look ace :cool: , will post some pics when i get some new stickers from Gil ;)

Just ordered all the remainding parts that i need for the build so it should hopefully be finished by the end of this week :LOL: :LOL:

Back