British Eagle By Falcon (with pics)

UncleFred

Retro Newbie
Just dragged this out the local scavenging yard. I plan to turn it into a fixie after junking all the rubbish and repainting, but before I do I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything decent, or even get an idea if it is just a P.O.C.

I've done a search for British Eagle and it seems that they are now mainly B.S.O's sold by Asda and the like.

P3120012.JPG

P3120011.JPG

P3120010.JPG

Quite a nice frame, but it's cheap and heavy. I would not spend any money buying parts for it.

Get the freewheel off, and fit a track cog and lockring. Redish the wheel, try a quarter turn on every spoke then see where it sits. New cables, new tyres and a lot of elbow grease and you will be in business. :cool:

hi, i'm not sure what its worth but repaint it and clean it up and that could be a nice looking bike.

I'd ride it as it is, it's a beast and fixed gears are passe now anyway. Have you checked the rear dropouts? Doesn't look like there's much room for movement there.

I've got a similar spec Falcon, it makes a comfy all day rider plus would make a good fixie. Give a clean and wax but wouldnt bother painting, not financially worth it ;)

Back