98-99 marin b17

Marty101":2rp2ecw6 said:
The 2 m10 holes are to attach a plate to, which then you would attach the caliper plate. Alledgedly you can only get CAD drawings which show an IS type fitting.
I've already pm'ed somebody on here to try and get hold of the drawings to give to BETD so they can machine one for me. Ive got a post mount rear caliper and wanted to use that, if not I'll have to swap it for an IS or buy another caliper.

People moan that these frames break easily, poppycock! I've had my b-17 baby for a good while now and mine hasn't broke (yet!).

in that case , i'll make my own mount when i need it ;)

cheers fella :D

Had one of these..... Out of the box it had STX-RC rear mech, v-brakes and cranks, no disc ready hubs, but was a cracking introduction to DH I tell you. Rear shock was Shockworks oil/coil with Rebound and Compression adjustments, no air!
Oh and they were notorious for cracking when ridden hard ;)

Pleased to see it built. I spotted it on ebay too but was too far to travel. Looks good

lewis1641":3ajvngp2 said:
Pleased to see it built. I spotted it on ebay too but was too far to travel. Looks good

if you ever spot anything up this end of the woods thats pick-up only then give me a shout ;)

i went down the bings today for 20 mins and found out the rear shock is a little weak for my weight so i'll be buying a pump for the manitou slr one i had on it :D

Reminds me of my old one.

couple of things to note though. The frames are prone to cracking. Mine went round the headtube and also the swingarm.
Also, those shocks were rubbish. I went through a stage of blowing them. 4 in a year IIRC.

Still got this eck?

Due a delivery of a 1997 Quake and feeling the love for the B17s too at the mo :cool:

coomber":1ie9fd03 said:
Still got this eck?

Due a delivery of a 1997 Quake and feeling the love for the B17s too at the mo :cool:

nah man i sold it to lgf a long time ago :( i'm sure he's sold it on since :LOL:

i never really got on with it tbh , it was to springy and did'nt feel right :oops: :LOL: lovely to look at tho :LOL:

Latest posts

Back