And today I did......

Long weekend

Evening all
Gaz, at this stage it looks like I am on for the Saturday and Sunday rides, so staying at yours on the Saturday night seems like a plan. As usual it could all go pear shaped depending what happens next week but as things stand I'm sorted to go for the two days.
Whats everyone riding at Ae, as I will be in the wifes car again rather than my van so it will be a one bike for both days. Just dont know whether to bring the singlespeed as I dont really know Ae.

Jamie

cool jamie- drum is defo ok for ss but it looks like Ae is a bit hilly (i've never been) so I'm going geared with bounce but retroesque on the unibomber.

Today I rode a bike for the first time in about 3 months , certainly the first time since I damaged my knees , pedaling was difficult even standing :( but it was still quicker than walking to the front of the store :LOL:

Was talking to a guy about the collapsed cup in his rear hub " do you see many of these then ? "

" on cheap bikes , yes " :LOL:

Also straightened 5 bent discs today , damn cheap crappy cable discs on cheap crappy bikes . Might give up doing them but I hate the sound of the disc catching so much .

I think post mount is the worst thing to come out in the past few years at least ; just seems to be a way of getting around not making your caliper/frame/disc precisely .

clockworkgazz":l6b499yi said:
Whos doing what this weekend? Might go to pollock sunday if your up for it Jimi? Will bring the miniclockwork and mini cam

Got to be Sat morning for me Gazz, got family stuff on Sunday :roll:

Managed to escape early from work thisafternoon :D , fitted new tyres to the Zaskar, ones i found in the loft i forgot i had (were on the LTS a while ago), front is a 2.35 Tioga, rear is a 2.2 Michelin so it's looking mighty meaty now :LOL: , also fitted a new saddle (a cheap but good Be-One thing) as the black Flite i've had since BITD is now semi retired on the Clockwork which i'm going to try and get built up and riding over the weekend.

Picked up frames from powdercoater today. Quite happy with the Stumpy, nice dark metallic grey, should look good built up.

stumpypcoat.jpg

And looks like I've got some polishing to do with the GT frame...

nudeav.jpg

Yes that is the bare aluminium. Scotchbrite hooooo!

Looks good zz I was tempted to buff the prestige to get it really shiny (dr s told me he had done this with his fat) but couldn't be biscuit arsed in the end. Lots of brasso needed for the gt, it is fun in a sick kind of way. Quite a stable you got there just missing a bit of fat ;)

Latest posts

Back