1992 Kona Explosif

stumpjumper1990

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I thought it was time to post some of my bikes. Here is my 1992 Kona Explosif. It is completely original except for the tires, pedals and seatpost. I have an Equilibrium tire and the original pedals, but I'm still looking for a Propulsion and O-Beam. New decals from Gil!

Because of the handling it is my favorite bike and I'm riding it every week! The pics are taken after todays ride. It was very slippery with all the ice one the track.

Will try to update the pics whenever something changes on the bike... or when it has had a good cleanup ;)

New pics after a ride with new tires Panaracer Smoke II and Dart II!

GroteFoto-KDENL7CU.jpg

GroteFoto-VWZ6TLSU.jpg

GroteFoto-NB3WRPXE.jpg

GroteFoto-BKK6CDDZ.jpg

GroteFoto-DDMP7ZYS.jpg

GroteFoto-GZAUSV8C.jpg

GroteFoto-ZYFQLTBA.jpg

GroteFoto-BBOQHQMP.jpg

GroteFoto-Y3TKR4FU.jpg

GroteFoto-ECC6WFVN.jpg
[/img]

i like that! :cool: i have the black one (my original one, i bought it back from the guy i sold it to :D ) but i wish it was the gold one :cool: they do ride nice though, i'll never sell mine again

Nice. I actually think the gold frame looks nice with amber wall tyres, and those Schwalbes look a bit aggressively modern, although they're very good tyres, which I admit is the main thing. And a Flite improves the look of any bike, as well as being the best saddle there is.

It looks like a size 18, meaning 48cm c-t seat tube (almost 19"), 55cm c-c top tube, 13cm head tube and 13cm Impact?

Anthony":3qecbkbw said:
Nice. I actually think the gold frame looks nice with amber wall tyres, and those Schwalbes look a bit aggressively modern, although they're very good tyres, which I admit is the main thing. And a Flite improves the look of any bike, as well as being the best saddle there is.

I never tried this one with amberwalls. :roll: I will see what it looks like! The Schwalbes are used because I ride it a lot! But I like the black tires; the original tires (Equilibrium and Propulsion) were black too.

It looks like a size 18, meaning 48cm c-t seat tube (almost 19"), 55cm c-c top tube, 13cm head tube and 13cm Impact?

To my knowledge it is a 19", but I will measure it for you! ;)

Cheers,
Bart

Mate.. your Explosif :cool: was the insperation to change my frame colour from black to gold ;)
So..Thankyou :D

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• photo 069.jpg
    photo 069.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 13,456
  • photo 124.jpg
    photo 124.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 13,462
Need help mates...

what is the seatclamp diameter for the explosif...

Found my old bike on my parents house but it is all weathered now (bummer)...

also, besides P2 forks, which could be good forks for replacement of Judy's, the elastomers are gone now...

gracias

Back