And today I did......

Did some New Year visiting, driving so no drinking. In fact this must be the most abstemious New Year since I was about 10 and being introduced to Snowballs and home brew.

But 20 mins on the turbo trainer for the first cycling-like exercise for weeks, hurray! Bashed knee not twingeing too bad, I'm pleased to say.

Did some cabling on the spare Tufftrax, and successfully made a slight mod to a brake lever so either cable end will now work, so I can use all the leftover cable from previous fronts now. Unfortunately drilled into a finger a bit as well, but it's just a scratch. Managed to bleed profusely and feel stupid at the same time, proving that men can multitask after all.

Some beer and Guitar Heroes at the BBC now I think...

recovering from ne'er hangover - we were 10 pin bowling in downtown Tampa 30 minutes before the bells - very weird, but lots of fun ...until the wife beat me :oops: - just got on retrobike and seem to have a few things to sort - like an evacuation plan for the end of January ride, how much snow do we actually have?

Got out yesterday for a late road ride, having discovered brake fault on the car which kept me home based until nearly 3pm (just as well really as I didn't get to bed til 5am ;) ) Main roads clear an quiet but everything else pure ice man.

Spent today failing to fix brake fault so now looking for new car i think as i'm not spending any more on this one :twisted: :twisted:

Still bloomin' freezin' and went sledging in garden - 200ft slope with brick wall at the bottom :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now smoking some salmon outside kitchen door - never used the smoker before so could be a laugh.

Smoked Salmon Update:

Not bad actually, once i'd realised burner pate was upside down :LOL: Will deffo try this again. 1000x easier than a barbi.

Mr Panda Ive caught and smoked trout by the river bank all under a hour, I used a little potable smoker 'well tastey'.

Rob

Done nothing. Got my bike built back up yesterday and want to ride it, but at home with the kids.

Reading about smoked fish - hmmm: think i'll have some tonight.

nothing , work was canceled today , still get paid but what a long boring day :LOL: mostly watched topgear on dave .

bought a hope 180mm floating disc and a rear caliper for the rear of the tripple disc......

Struggled into work this morning, still manflu'd up and feeling rough. Rebuilt the AMP forks for the SAB and pressed in a new steerer tube. Pressed in the headset and built up the front end. It just needs canti's, middle ring, narrower BB, pedals and grips to finish now.
Spent rest of day scraping the underseal from underneath my old Alfa in freezing garage (minus 2 was as warm as it got) Tedious but lots of snining factory paint and no rust underneath which is astonishing for a 38 year old Italian car.
Now in bed wishing I had stayed in the house all day as I feel shocking.

Si, long ago I was in nursing and thus my advice to you is do not be a hero, do not fight the flu, you'll lose and prolong recovery. Returning to a full working scenario especially in the coldest December/January since 1981 whilst still in the grips of a particularly bad form of influenza is stoopid :roll:

I know your self employed but making yourself worse is not going to help you business in the long run. Light duties for you, paperwork etc, stay warm, drink loads of hot tea, work inside as much as possible ;)

Velo

Back