1989 Pace RC 100

slowrider

Retro Newbie
1989 RC 100
I have owned her for 14 years and take her out on dry days on the North Yorkshire moors a couple of miles away from where she was built. Now run as a second bike, looking for the final components to bring her back to full retro conditon.

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,714
These really are awesome bikes, the more I see the more I like..

What groupset you going?

slowrider":1ux91u6p said:
1989 RC 100
I have owned her for 14 years and take her out on dry days on the North Yorkshire moors a couple of miles away from where she was built. Now run as a second bike, looking for the final components to bring her back to full retro conditon.

Glad you could make it Sam...have you seen the RC100 going on the auctions section....can't seem to see a seat tube sticker, so the decals from Retrobikeguy should do the trick!

Opps, just re read the posting, you were after the downtube sticker..urm, retrobikeguy...any ideas?

Cheers buddy

Rich

Group set

Thanks for the comments, current set up on the bike

RC 30's with campag chorus headset
Bullseye two piece cranks, with new bottom bracket bearings
Suntour Chain rings
Deore XT thumb shifters, just bought a pair of XC pro thumbies to fit
Original hydra stop mountain magura brakes
Front wheel 32 hole Lemon mavic 517 on Suntour XC pro
Rear wheel 36 hole Lemon mavic 517 on Deore XT
Front Mech Sachs, but have an XC pro in shed waiting to go on
Rear Mech 2006 Deore XT short cage, looking for an XC pro
Flite Ti on Suntour XC pro seat post
Salsa Ti quick releases
Pace Ti bolt upgrade kit
XT spds

So it's a bit of a mix at the moment, hoping to find more XC pro stuff but have had problems buying stuff from US on ebay and it not turning up suprise suprise.

kingroon":2vv46eoe said:
These really are awesome bikes, the more I see the more I like..

yeah, there is definately something about that 1st RC100. It still looks as different and radical as it did back in that little "new releases' section of MBUK that I remember blew me away when I first saw it in '89.

Special.

Love it.

:D

Back