2007 Surly Pugsley ~ Time for the Mountain Rescue!

Monster Truck Monster Truck :D

Very cool :)

Andy

ents_lb_large.jpg
[/url]

I have wanted to own Pugsley for a long time.
This does not make it any easier...

Great bike and pics!

Another 4" snow overnight, time to go and play in the -10'c winter wonderland

Reports later...

Stage Two ~ Ice

Having found Pugsleys limits now in fresh snow, good for about 12" of fresh powder. Maybe more if you are just travelling in a straight line but that's about if if you want to stand any chance of steering, I have now moved onto packed snow and ice

Normally this would be the death of a MTB tire, choose a low gear and spin instantly, not old Pugsley, he loves it, you can't believe the grip that those tires find on sheet ice, not just flat surfaces either, happy to climb seated in the Granny gear up pretty much anything!

Must admit I dropped the tyre pressure a little, down to about 4lbs now but things that would make a mere mortal "nip up a bit" he loves, finally climb home is about the best part of 1 Mile and about a 1in 7 I would guess, you can normally do it on a single speed but through in the Ice factor and you have no chance. Pugsley just loved it, so stable, just drop into a low gear and pedal away, not a hint of wheel spin

Took great pleasure in being about the only person in Dalby today, whole forest to myself, just me and the animals :)

Attachments

• IMG_5254a.jpg
    IMG_5254a.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 1,908
  • IMG_5261a.jpg
    IMG_5261a.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,908
  • IMG_5282a.jpg
    IMG_5282a.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 1,908
Back