why you should keep ontop of bike maintanace...

mattpayne

Retro Guru
just found this pic... i hadnet riddent the fat for a while and thought that the forks (Judy SL's) felt a little 'flat' no time to rebuild them, i was riding the next morning...

out on the ride the front felt worse and worse.... till, thunk, thunk, bang as i went over the slightest bump...

check forks... NO SUSPENSION!!! oops! well... nursed the bike round the rest of the trail...

get home, open up the forks... :D

elastomers.jpg

me thinks they are a little dry! and to be fair they haddnt seen the light of day for a good few years... i forget how spoilt i am with the pace grease ports!

hehe... most of that poured out! and there was some more mush well packed into the bottom of the legs... i had always wanted an excuse to upgrade the forks! this was perfect! :) englund cards now do the job of rubbers... and a LOT better!

Matt,

I've an identical set on my bike, rode it like that for about 5 months before tearing them apart and rebuilding. I took out a ridgid bike for a four day mountain biking trip and my friends were ribbing me about how harsh the ride must be and I thought...hmmm, hadn't really noticed it :D

Rotten Judys, ridgid fork, all good fun.

cheers,

rody

:LOL: :LOL:

Superb!!

and I thought mine were worn. Must have loads of life in compared to them..

Back