Cool Wall - Raleigh

Cool Wall - Raleigh

• Cool

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Raleigh Dyna-Tech that Baker and Timmis etc rode is iconic, but I struggle to see the brand as cool.

Its a no from me.

I was going to vote cool overlooking the crap they turned out thinking more of "Brew mans " bike ......

But...... I quote

Btw, GT are definitely less cool than Raleigh.

Shocking ..... NOW VOTED VERY UNCOOL !!!! :LOL:

This time round it's a head and heart decision.

Some supercool bikes were Raleigh branded (US pro bikes); some supercool bikes were built by Raleigh (UK pro bikes) ....

some cool bikes were built by Raleigh: Special Products Division, Grifter, Chopper, Bomber, (and BMX stuff which I'm not familiar with) ....

yet an amazing number of uncool bikes were built by Raleigh. And Raleigh, perhaps more than any other brand, found ways of producing bikes of an uncoolness that other people could only dream of (Winner, Shopper, Vektar, etc.)

So, heartless (and it grieves me) ...... but uncool.

Perhaps we should intersperse cool wall votes with "awesome", "fabulous" or "special" wall votes? A top spot for Raleigh would be guaranteed on the Raleigh Rampar alone (google it, it's awesome).

RALEIGH

I Remember when i was a kid we had a huge Raleigh store in the local shopping centre it had rows and rows of Burners when in there trying to beg for a new bmx my Dad got talking to the manager who had just got in a couple of Mavericks incl a 15 speed one for himself it was like nothing i had ever seen a bike that could do everything i got a Night burner and my Dad bought the Managers own 5 speed Maverick.

Thats were my Raleigh journey started .......... COOL

(Deeply) uncool for me. I like the Rover analogy - I have a vague sense that they were probably good before I was born (either becuase they were actually good, or becuase people hadn't ever seen a good bike/car and thought they were good), but have been useless outdated crap since I've been buying bikes/cars.

Mostly for the early to late 70s road stuff but definitely very cool, throw in Caroline Alexander on a fluro DynaTech and surely it is completely beyond doubt?

But votes to date suggest it's a brand for the discerning, free thinker not those who go for the me too Klein, Yeti, Fat etc. :evil:

Re: RALEIGH

oldmarin":2f4tw26n said:
I Remember when i was a kid we had a huge Raleigh store in the local shopping centre it had rows and rows of Burners when in there trying to beg for a new bmx my Dad got talking to the manager who had just got in a couple of Mavericks incl a 15 speed one for himself it was like nothing i had ever seen a bike that could do everything i got a Night burner and my Dad bought the Managers own 5 speed Maverick.

Thats were my Raleigh journey started .......... COOL

But as your user name is 'oldmarin' presumably it was a short journey (filled with pain and humiliation?) ;)

Latest posts

Back