The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all! Guess you'll all be out thrashing your retro steeds of a Sunday arvo :D

Been lurking around for a little while since being directed here by Cannondale King (he bought a Hope hub from me off Ebay - I'll let him tell you what a bargain that was :shock: ) so thought I'd introduce mi sen.
I'm into all things retro so it was only a matter of time before I found my way here!

Got a few retro steeds myself - bought and sold dozens of bikes over the years, but never saw the need to get anything 'new'.

Let's see now.....
198? Raleigh Aero Pro Burner (in pieces in the garage)
1995 Proflex 855 - (Cracked swingarm clamp - need a replacement)
1996 Breezer Jet Stream (tatty but what a sweet ride!)
1996 Marin Mount Vision (Tioga Factory DH worn to slicks!)
1996/7? GT LTS-DH (Sat in bedroom doing nowt!)

Doubtless I'll be nagging people for spare parts over the coming weeks and trying to flog my tat to pay for it! :LOL:

Sorry a bit late

Hi I'm Tony
My first MTB was Raleigh Mustang. The BB broke
muddy Fox courier Broke when i went in to a car
Muddy Fox Explorer Stolen
Muddy Fox Courier Stolen
Can't remember- cost £50 gave to a mate
Raleigh (it was green) sold to friend
Muddy Fox Alu pro sold to a mate (i raced a few times)
Trimble raced- stolen- got back-sold to mate
Klein Attitude sold for a trice recumbent
trice recumbent -sold
Klein Attitude - sold
No bikes for 15 yrs
Now - Trimble
Plan to buy anther Trimble as a weekend/race/summer bike
And if any one in the South East/London wants to meet up for an off rode ride then don't be shy. Contact me.
Love this web site and the people in it. And if you want to know more then ask away/visit my www.
Regards

Loving your website Tony,

Great to see some all skool pics of your Muddy Fox Alu Pink bike...never ever saw one in the flesh.

I did a few south races myself, Surftracks 1990 & 1991 in Blandford Forum, and the southern area team champs in Puddletown in 1992...

The Trimble's looking great by the way! :D

Thanks Rich .Glad you looked and liked. I did Blandford twice. One good race one not so, but thats racing.
My best was third. may try race again next year when a lot fitter.
I'll go and look at your www :D

Yeah, I don't think I did as well as you, my best result was 4th at the ESCA Southern area cyclo-cross championships back in Jan 1992, best MTB result was 11th....I was pooped after that! :D

I could never do cross or any race were i had to get off the bike. And if any jumps then not me either. Landing was never my strong point.
Had a quick look at your www. Very good. Will have a better look/read tomorrow while at work.
I've always liked Kona. They look like a proper MTB should.

Hello

Hi there I have made a couple of posts but thought I'd better make it formal.

My first MTB was a claud butler Cape Wrath which my sister still rides occasionally, cheap suntour etc.
Did my first race after owning it 3 weeks inside park, the really hot one.

That got me hooked and I did a few local races and the NPS in Margham and Newnham in 1991 & 92, by now on a 653 Sirrius. Great bike, lots of road bits on to keep the weight down, look pedals, cinelli stem 105 rear mech. Got nicked.

For the road fans out there also had an Olmo Sl road bike with old campag record. Again still in the family.

After the Sirrius got nicked I got my Pace RC100 2nd hand and have had it ever since!! 12 Years or so.

Hi joined a couple of days ago, just found this intro thread.

I've just come back to biking after a 5 year break, my nickel P7 was nicked from my back garden, along with my wife's Pulse, and I didn't have the money to replace it. None of the affordable bikes appealed that much.

In '93 we opened a motorbike shop and as we were near the start of a trail that lead to Box Hill we sold a few mid and upper range mountain bikes as a sort of sideline.

First decent bike was a 93 (I think) Mongoose Amplifier with a set of incredible leading link forks(AMP forks, the frame wasn't badged as a Mongoose, just said Amplifier), then a Merlin Ti frame with all sorts of goodies. My wife had an Attitude (don't they all), then the Pulse (Sea and Sky), proper Klein stuff.
Went through a few tasty bits and pieces, all demo bikes you understand, and ended up with my 'bike for life', the P7. There are flashier, lighter, stiffer, stronger, etc etc etc, but it suited me.

Project 2 forks (tried bouncy forks, didn't like them), White Industry hubs, single cross laced on the front, Royce bb, grey Flite Ti seat, Umma Gummas, a set of bars picked up at Harrogate trade show, aluminium with a carbon lining, Ultegra rear mech, XTR shifters, Middleburn cranks with silver, blue and purple rings, bar ends were a matt titanium stubby, grey Onza Ules grips, grey XTR cable outers. It was very grey. Except for the blue and purple. Very tasteful. Honestly!! Can't remember the levers, poss Dia Compe. (having found various levers on a website I'm pretty sure they were PC 8s). Something like that. The shifters hung from X-Lite brackets.

Anyway, I only mention this because I now have another P7, very reasonable from eBay, and I will be working to reproduce the bike just described. Is that sad? :D

So if anyone has any of those bits laying around, especially the seat, drop me a line. I have a box of goodies from the mid 90s, new old stock, which I will list shortly. Probably not for sale, bartering is more what I had in mind.

I'll try to keep future posts shorter. Promise :D

^^^ Welcome Graeme!

We can never have too many Orange owners on here.
No, I don't think it's sad to build a replica of the bike you had backintheday - I had a Clockwork and now i've got another one.
I wanted a Vit T and now i'm building one to the spec I wanted at the time.
Maybe we're all sad :!:

Good luck with the P7 build :cool:

Edit: Oh, if any of those bit you have laying around is a 1" ahead stem, around 130mm X 10 degree, let me know! ;)

Best I can do is a Club Roost I-Beam 120mm X 0 I'm afraid.
Too chunky looking for steel, needs to be on a fat tube ali bike, imho.

JS1500":gmopz522 said:
Edit: Oh, if any of those bit you have laying around is a 1" ahead stem, around 130mm X 10 degree, let me know! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back