Kamo Klunker, update 31/10/09.

Stripped the Klunk down to paint it properly last weekend, did intend to do a traditional style job in dark blue with cream darts but some last minute inspiration from a car forum led me to Camoflage, it's different that's for sure :LOL:

camo1.jpg

camo2.jpg

Frame is pretty much done, just needs a good coat of laquer, going to paint the forks and bars to match, should have it built up and riding again next weekend.

Superb, should look good with the black rims and chunky tyres. Autumn woods camo - would have fitted right in down at Thrunton, though if I'd been riding it I would have lost it in the bushes.

You doing the stem and bars, or just the bars?

Eck, snow camo...mmmmm, nice!

i've been thinking about gettig one of these for a while to build as a beer bike for when im away at VW shows in my camper. what are they like size wise? is it the 18inch frame you have?

i dont know wether to go for a 16inch as i normally ride or go for the 18

Just painting the bars ZZ, stem is a fairly nice Tioga thing.

Mobes":v0syeh3s said:
i've been thinking about gettig one of these for a while to build as a beer bike for when im away at VW shows in my camper. what are they like size wise? is it the 18inch frame you have?

i dont know wether to go for a 16inch as i normally ride or go for the 18

It's the 18" frame i have, size is deceptive, it's measured centre to top but the top tube has quite a curve so it's actually quite tall in the middle if that makes sence :? , also the standard frame has some chunky cable guides right on the top of the top tube which could be nasty in a spill, did'nt bother me as i ground them off but something to consider if running full gears and brakes, i'm 5'7" with a 30" leg and found the 18" fine though.

Noticed Bankrupt bikes are doing the frame for £30 now :)

Paint job reminds me of this. There's also a gray camo Klein (particularly rare) but I can't find a pic of it right now.

Attachments

• Adroit Rainforest.jpg
    Adroit Rainforest.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2,391
Back