The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TracyP":17g52nqi said:
Washington state.

What's the riding like out there? You're on the Canadian BC border right? Be good to see some shots of local trails..

kingroon":1p21q97e said:
What's the riding like out there? You're on the Canadian BC border right? Be good to see some shots of local trails..

I'll do one better and shoot video with my helmet cam. :D

about me

Hi.

I just found this site today and i registered straight away. My name is Martin, i'm 22 years and living i Norway (Bergen).

It's my father fault that i got intertested in mountain biking. Early 1992 he bought a Scott super america and the same year he bought a haro extreme. The haro was the first big cycle i ever tried, and since it was to big for me i felt and got a rift in the vetta titanium sl seat. (we still have both of the bikes).

After some years my father bought me a Marin bear valley se. A great bike with stx-rc/lx/ritchey etc.. I used this bike in many years before i bought a gekko gekko. (the brand that sykkeldelisk in norway has).
The next year i bought a sintesi frame and used the components from the gekko bike.

In 1998 or 1999 i bought a Yeti as3. This was the ultimate bike for me, and after that day Yeti has been my favorite brand.
The years went on, and me and my father has collected alot of old school bikes.

SCOTT SUPER AMERICA (just the frame)
HARO EXTREME 1993
BREEZER THUNDER (CA 1994-1995)
YETI ARC EASTON 1993 X2.
YETI KOKOPELLI 1996
YETI PRO FRO 1995 (never used original steel frame)
YETI FRO ALLOY 1998 (just the frame)
YETI AS3 CA 1997
SCOTT TEAM RACING 1995
RALEIGH TITANIUM JOHN TOMAC DESIGN SERIES 1995 (singlespeed)
SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER (singlespeed)
FAT CHANCE "MONSTER FAT" ca 1993.

Most of these retro bikes have i bought from friends here in Norway that could'nt give them the love they needed.
I also got some newer bikes i use daily.

My english is not that good as you can see.

Martin

I'm new :)

Hello :)

I've just joined here, after someone from SouthernDownhill.co m pointed me this direction...

I've been riding for years - it's been a lifetime hobby, ever since I can remember...

I've got 2 'old-school' Sintesi's -

One 1998 Thruster (full STX RC groupset) and one 1998 Bazooka (the DH beast!) which is currently being re-built..

I live in NW London (Edgware), so if anyone's nearby and would like to go riding, drop me an email :)

Cheers,
Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back