Who likes Onza bits ?

So I called my friend so see whether he still had his old Onza Ho's, and he says, "man you should have called me last weekend, I just threw them in the dump." I screamed at him, so he says, "well I can go back and check if they're still there..." Sure enough, he went back and the box was still sitting there (after a whole week), with one Kooka lever, and a whole bunch of other bolts, etc. Its meant to be!

Just a friendly warning on those mexican onza brakes. Several of us over on this side of the pond have had them fail in various ways. Often catastrophically. I'm not sure if it was a bad bunch of material or a slightly off machining run but on the set I had 3 out of 4 of them snapped at the pad holder on the first real ride.

For the ebay NOS money I think the suntours are probably the safer bet.

Black one's had a nasty habit of failing in places where the silver ones don't. Was the black annodising used to cover a poor quality alloy, hmm?

pete_mcc":259lvqcq said:
Black one's had a nasty habit of failing in places where the silver ones don't. Was the black annodising used to cover a poor quality alloy, hmm?

Could be
Mine were black and the alloy inside looked like crap.

silver ones were the same mate
seemed to be a cast plate alloy as opposed to a rollred material
however ........if you reproduced them in 6082t6 they worked very well
mikee

Back