Repro Onza Grips

Canuckbiker

BoTM Winner
Brodie Fan
Always loved these Onza grips, glad to see these repros available now even if a bit pricey.

Thinking about trying the clear version on a Syncros bar with logo under the grip which I have two types: Black with white letters or silver with black letters

Curious what others think would look better, black bar or silver bar?

IMG_0611.jpeg

Are they any more durable than the originals? Absolutely loved Ules back in the day but they didn't half wear out quickly.

The biggest issue will be how clear they are, some are not very clear so stronger colours are best to get the full effect of the grips. For me coloured bars look better than silver under clear grips, unless you are going all silver then the grips compliment it.

Interested to see them when you do get them.

Now that I think about light distortion that will happen through the material of the grip you may want to consider logos that are slightly enlarged and spaced between characters but also use a vinyl that is highly refractive.

I have NOS clear Onza's for my ATi build. I can print off "Syncros" in a few sizes and spacing and place inside the grip and take some pictures for you and send those to you privately. I don't want to inadvertently steel any of your steam from your project. Lemme know!

A watch out on clear grips depending on source/quality will be the chance of them yellowing over time. Might be worth dropping them a message to see if they are UV stable... lovely grips BTW

And back to the question you ask! ;) as @MuchAlohaNui said, best to do a test when you get them, but it sounds like he's helping you out already! 💪👍

I think silver with black lettering will provide more contrast to be readable through the clear grips. Black bars with white logos may just look like a white blob through the grips. Test em' and post pics!
I’ve done exactly that, silver Syncros bar/black lettering with clear (Yeti) grips. If you want, I’ll take a photo.

Back