1989 Orange Clockwork. Update 4/10/09.

brocklanders023":2czw0j8i said:
makster":2czw0j8i said:
By the way, you're not selling that stalk stem by any chance?? :LOL:

Not that one at the mo but I am selling an even better one on my for sale thread. Same as that but re-painted and new decals. Looking to get back what I paid (from this site).

Was tempted to put the mint one on this Clockwork but think the tatty one will some how work better. :roll:

Just measured up and I need a 22.2 dia :?

makster":1goovla2 said:
Just measured up and I need a 22.2 dia :?
It's a 1" stem, so it measures 7/8ths, natch - the steerer is 1" ED and its wall thickness is 1/16th.

Doesn't your fork need a bit of loving care from Mr Justbackdated? Brocklander's example looks right and that's way longer.

Don't be fooled by the pic Anthony, leave it 30secs or so and they sink right back to the bottom! :oops:

That stem I've got is 1" Makster so should be about right. Might let the one in these pics go if the one in my for sale thread doesn't. ;)

really like the clockwork, looks great with the pace forks I like your plans, should look the baws. !9 inch too, I need one of them in that size my 18 is just to small- what is the top tube lenght on yours would be interested to see what the difference is between the two bikes.

look forward to seeing how you get on with this bike. How much does tim charge for a service anyway- my fork has about 1/4 inch boing after I sit on the bike (I'm not that fat :LOL: )

Top tube on my '89 is 22" c to c gazz. Thing I've noticed is that the headset is 1" shorter then my '93 frame. Add to that the 150mm 0 degree Stalk and it's a fair bit different to my other retro's, long and low. It's in bits in the kitchen at the mo and one of the Pace canti screws is stuck in the DX V. :evil:

Don't know how much Tim charges but I'll find out soon. Really need to get at least one set of my RC35's completly overhalled. :roll:

not much longer than mine then- pretty sure it is 21.5 :?

i have a set of risers on mine ( I know ) and it is far comfier but I recon I need a longer top tube as I cant get along with a long stem and the steering that goes with it.

Weird thing with my pace's was I got about 3/4 inch bounce when I got them (only a few rides ago) but they now have about 1/4, less when it's cold- don't really know what has happened with them?

Here's an update of my recent Clockwork buy. I'm made up with it as it's like a better version of my original Clockwork that I had as a kid. It's made having to sell the c16r a little more easy to take.

As I suggested, I've gone back to the original forks and stem. Just looks right to me. Quite a few of the parts were pinched off the '91 DB Ascent ex I picked up last week as they were in better nick. I really like how the dark rims look against the bright orange. DX canti's, thumbies, and rear mech were some I've had for a while and compliment the rest of the LX parts without looking out of place IMO. :cool:

I was really happy with how the frame polished up. Yes, it's not perfect, but it's going to be a rider so doesn't need to be spot on. Autosol came to the rescue of all the shiny parts as it works so well. This bike will probably change over time as I plan to use it as a bit of a test mule for different builds but it'll stay as it is for now and just get ridden! :D

Frame: 1989 Orange Clockwork.

Fork: Orange Cro-mo

Headset: No name job.
Stem: Orange Stalk.
Handlebar: Orange Hot Rod.
Grips: Diamond Back.

Brakes: Deore DX M650 Canti's.
Brake Levers: Dia-Comp ss7.

Shifters: Deore DX Thumbies.
Front Derailleur: Deore LX M550.
Rear Derailleur: Deore DX M650.
Cassette: Shimano Hyperglide 7 speed.