Peugeot Annaconda

IT WAS £500 M8, I WAS THERE WHEN MY DAD BOUGHT IT FOR ME FOR MY 16th BIRTHDAY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME THEN I'M SORRY I HAVE NO PROOF. BOUGHT FROM A CYCLE SHOP IN LEEDS ON HAREHILLS LANE. THE SHOP IS NOW CALLED DRAKES I THINK, BUT I DON'T KNOW IF THE SHOP WAS CALLED SOMETHING ELSE BACK THEN. IF I CAN I'LL GET THE RECIEPT OFF MY DAD AS HE KEEPS RECIEPTS FOR EVERYTHING!

REGARDS

GARY

ALSO WHEN THE BIKE WAS BOUGHT WE WERE TOLD IT WAS A RACING BIKE AND THATS WHY IT HAD THE QUICK RELEASE WHEELS.

Calm guys, its a nice bike and someone will want it, not me though as only the big one would fit.

Whats the tubeset by the by, is it chromolly, possibly Reynolds ?

Nice to build up some info.

Cheers

Velo

I gently apologise in advance but:

in no way was the official retail of that bike £500.

It should have been about £299, the same as every other entry level 200GS/ cromo frame equipped bike at that time

Maybe the Peugeot Python was £499 as that had 531 tubing and 400LX...

I'm sorry again but have top take issue with your ebay description: it says 'THIS WAS TOP OF THE RANGE IN ITS DAY' - Pickle's Magnum was near the top with about 3 models to go before the Anaconda.

Again, sorry but I dont like misleading information .

:oops:

legrandefromage":293kqf9x said:
I gently apologise in advance but:

in no way was the official retail of that bike £500.

It should have been about £299, the same as every other entry level 200GS/ cromo frame equipped bike at that time

Maybe the Peugeot Python was £499 as that had 531 tubing and 400LX...

I'm sorry again but have top take issue with your ebay description: it says 'THIS WAS TOP OF THE RANGE IN ITS DAY' - Pickle's Magnum was near the top with about 3 models to go before the Anaconda.

Again, sorry but I dont like misleading information .

:oops:

I have to agree with this,I had a Peugeot Barracuda(it was my first MTB),this was the precurser to the Annaconda,frames were the same but mine had a U brake,anyway a couple of years after I'd got mine(for £295) they brought out the Anaconda,my mate bought one,same price and same colour as mine,both were a BOS!

baj":4zbeyeqp said:
that's the one Pickle, lovely looking machine :D

Cheers. It was a lot of bike for £90.....maybe because I won it on the 27 December so everyone was broke! :LOL:

Was gutted when I got it home and got the tape measure out :roll: Hey ho, I ended up with some nice wheels out of it for the Stumpy.

Back