Raleigh Dyna-Tech Diablo RS

mukkjoy

Retro Newbie
i promised some pictures of my Diablo RS to clifford so here it is.

3868958846_7c03424690_b.jpg

3868976128_8eb2f05aea_b.jpg

3868962654_7515f2e593_b.jpg

3868187425_b2e6a42b3b.jpg

3868191297_0153668dbc.jpg

3868185073_e39525bb93.jpg

it does get ridden but not often these days. planning on changing that if i can sort out the MAG 30's. hope you like it

As a proud owner of a Raleigh and a Diablo I must say something about this bike ;)
I like it! In great condition as far as I can see.

That is seriously clean.

Nice ano Crud Claw out the back.

What model of fork are they?

the forks are rock shox mag 30's, i was thinking of changing them because they loose air pressure quickly but after spending some time around the forum i see the need in keeping them going so I'm currently trying to find a rebuild kit.

thanks for the compliments about the bike i did give it a clean before i took the pictures and used a bit of back to black on the tyres, there's a few scratches on the forks and on the seat post but the frame is pretty perfect. it seems to have a lacquer coating all over it which has kept in great condition.

Wow,

That bike is in fantastic condition, correct me if I am wrong, are those the original tyres?

The paint job is really bright, mine has faded but it has done thousands of miles over the past 16 and a bit years.

The forks are not too difficult to service if you can get the parts, you can use some Mag 21 parts the oil seals are far better. To fix the leak all you probably only need is the air valves that you insert your needle pump into. As I couldn't get these I installed bolt in car valves they did the job but it was very difficult to get close to the right pressure.

My frame is bigger, the steerer length of your forks will be shorter than the 195mm on my bike so you should have more success in finding replacement forks as per your other posts. Personally I still want gold Mag 21s these Quadras are a poor ride in comparison to the air/oil Mag forks.

I've added a pic of my bike below to compare

Look after that fantastic bike

Clifford

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 2,393
Hi again,

I have noticed two differences in the frames of our bikes. The rear brake cable holder at the back is different and I have a Diablo sticker.

What year is yours?

Clifford

i bought it late 93 so maybe the different brake holder was due to frame size?

the diablo sticker lasted about 6 weeks before it started to peel so quickly went.

your spot on about the tyres i changed them soon after buying the bike but always kept them. put them back on about a year ago........really good tyres actually, don't know why i thought they needed changing in the first place.
glad you like the bike but i must admit i feel a little guilty that my bike hasn't done the mileage yours has. thanks for the tips about the forks expect a pm from me soon ;)

Back