Brick Lane market sunday bike thieves something must be done

Online hot bikes show up too. Knew these people were real upset about one seller NOT on ebay btw.

It'd be rarer on ebay I'd think, but I know of one guy who was selling a Colnago, painted red, could have been the owner's choice but things like that make me wonder. Rarer on ebay, because stealers of hot goods usually just want to "move it along."

Gumtree/Craig's List is suppose to be the more troublesome seller but I don't care to cast dispersions on anyone's reputation. However, a lot of times, people sell things and you can tell, they don't really know what they have and some in some ads, the seller will not say what the brand name is making it suspicious.

Here's another stolen thread on these forums lately http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67267 if you missed it.

Sorry your bike got stolen, I told my little experience I had above.

Perhaps get the London Lite to do a campaign. The free tabs like that sort of public whip up and it's the right target audience/ readership agegroup.

Please tell me you were re-united with your 89 stumpy?

stumpjumper

i never found the stumpjumper, the same evening as the day it was stolen I was out drinking in oldstreet at midnight I came out of the bar and went for a bagel with my friend..so i walk out and see 3 guys pedaling past, one of which was on my bike..unfortunately our eyes met just as i was mouthing 'Thats my bike!!' and he must of instinctively knew because all 3 of them started to accelerate...I chased them for half a mile but they were too quick and that was the end of that till I found the xt cantilevers with the distinctive red koolstop brake pads down at the chinese stolen bike stall 2 weeks later...

that was all i ever found of it as it had obviously been broken down and moved on..I had only just finished it with a period specialized saddle and a bargain mavic rear sunset rim with xt hub acquired on ebay for £9...the bike only cost me £46 also on ebay...I guess i wont see it again and especially at that price i paid for it!!

Back