My Retro Cannondales and Kona HOT '98

While I'm not that worried about its re-sale value (i plan never ever ever to let it go), I am interested in keeping it (the frame) in good condition, the paint work on it at the moment its pretty tatty, and if i did have a disc mount, i'd be very happy indeed.

I could measure the tubes, but: I know the guy who bought this new, his name is rich and he also worked at the shop in Exeter. He was the one who gave me the info on the paint job etc. but he couldn't remember what year he bought it. He was also responsible for all the cannondale bits on it as he replaced the frame with a super V and switched the parts over as the hot was better speced (this also explains the XTR front mech, USE seatpost and RS sids being still on it as they wouldn't have fit on his new bike, and the rest of the spec was cheaper than that).

I have to say I agree with you on the powdercoat issue, I have seen pleanty of bikes that had been spraey by argos, and the paint didn't look like it would last long (everyone else told me to shut up). I would ideally like to buy a new frame to build as my XC bike and make this into a really cool retro XTR machine, but money at the moment doesn't permit. [/quote]

The F500

Also, i had the good fortune of only paying £50 for that F500 minus the wheels, again i have changed 90% of the parts.

When I bought back the M300 Frame and Fork for my G/F from the person whom it was sold to after it was mine, I paid £15...

Hot

You def got a good deal there sport as i paid a lot more than that for mine.

Updated image of the Hot, Now cleaned, and I even took this one in the light!
P1010096.jpg

P1010098.jpg

Back