Newbie inbound.

Thanks guys,it certainly seems that this is absolutely wrong place for me who just loves all kinds of old stuff,bikes and bits.

my main concern now is to make my road bike goin before winter falls,as multi-geared or single speed i dont mind at this point.

Traani":1625pfmf said:
Thanks guys,it certainly seems that this is absolutely wrong place for me who just loves all kinds of old stuff,bikes and bits.

my main concern now is to make my road bike goin before winter falls,as multi-geared or single speed i dont mind at this point.

Why do you say this seems like the wrong place for you? :? It sounds as if it would be the perfect right place!! This site is brill for "old stuff, bikes and bits"!! :cool:

Or am I doing my usual thing of being blonde and confused?! Lol!! :LOL:

well as i like so much this older mtb stuff i might just go crazy.
Rite now im not goin to do much on any bike,as i dont have free time due to my school schedules and caus ei travel a lot to get my degree,but that green/grey Raleigh frame would be so nice to put in one rideable(?) setup,with possibly just one ger,front brake and flat bar.All on low budget from used or scrap parts i think.

Xesh":r3x512q5 said:
Welcome to the madhouse! :LOL:

Edit: It is an M-Trax 6000R. ;)

Hey than you for telling me what it is actually.
It had the die-cut stickers saying M-Trax yes but i was bit confused about that odd letter after "6000" as it is like combo f D and R letter...which i now think might be because you might pronounce it as RoaD ? :shock:

The last bike in the first post is sweet, really classy looker :cool:

kaiser":2a5e1sk2 said:
The last bike in the first post is sweet, really classy looker :cool:

The shiny looking oldie you mean?

Its actually about 30 years old Finnish Army´s bicycle.Army got rid of thousands of those,in autcions for dirt cheap but many many of these were garbage,thru rusted,beat up pieces of poo,and many went staright into furnaces to get melt into iron or something but i found this in a garbage yard,first i saw the frame and later i found the wheels.The bar was almost rusted in two pieces as it was broken ad welded long time ago,and rust destroyed everything next to weld seam.

some day ago i was cleaning out my "warehouse" and came across this rusty rocket,made by TUNTURI and just started to put it in pieces,then i sanded away all the paint i could without (yet) removing front sprocket,with paper and smooth sanding disc on angle grinder.these sure aint any hi tech thin frames i can tell you,these are heavy gear for heavy use,so there isnt much to worry when sanding and grinding the worn paint away.I just added some chrome polishing stuff to bare steel,and wiped it off so it now has only some wax protectinc the steel surfaces.if it rusts,its ok,more rock n roll to it.

at same point i removed all the hinges and flanges for racks and luggages etc,to get it bit more bare no-nonsense style,off went the tiny threaded holes from swing and fork and few othe odd ball bits.

the saddle,i found from our shore,attached to rusty old mountain bike frame at the beach,yanked it and saved it,cleaned it with some poison,and gave it good amount of rattlecan black as it was ugly worn and smutty white....well after bein submerged for winter or two,no wonder.

The only nice :twisted: parts atleast now are the new chains,they cost me like...9 euros,as i wanted some bling into thsi and skipped the 4 euro ones that were black.These are KMC,the black ones were.....far east i think and poor looking quality.

And the best part is the new...or atleast NOS? NEWLIKE ? old timer racing"mustache" bars,that are way cool,good position and mean looking ones,cost me 10 euros,or twelve as i got a pair of old dark brown rubber grips with bars too,made sometime in late thirties.The ones in pic are original army grips as theyre not bad either.

im getting new hub to this,as in the one in the pic,ther earent brakes....not any,so its pretty horrible,as when you get this heavy boy into speed and it wont stop,its not so cool.So this will be rolling on sachs duomatic hub soon.i have one set up already in use,combo of old steel wide width rim and duomatic and its superb.

maybe someday i find some knobby tires to this i hope! And if thyre white,even better.

and also bit longer stem will be on my search list for this old ride,as well as better old racing seat,as long as its dirt cheap :cool:

kaiser":w5dc1jik said:
:eek: even cooler :cool: nice work

if youd see the close-ups you wouldnt be sayin like that ;)

but as i like rat style ho rods and other rusty,hand made raw equipment,this is way nice in my eyes so far,that ground shiny steel is beautiful,even when it eventually gets some light rust spots into places where the wax gets worn out.

i noticed that the seatpost hasnt been treated,OMG !

maybe ill just add nice tig weld seam into it and make it fixed,cause im not making the hub fixed.

BEFORE destruction:
sekaaelokalku095.jpg

sekaaelokalku101.jpg

sekaaelokalku103.jpg

This is what it looked like when it served my country.
96325044cfa2dad7d799e096c7239-orig.jpg

I still have one almost complete original and two really worn oler models from times of war 1939-1945. these are equipped with more FIXED GEAR friendly frames,as the axle can be moved staright back to get right tension to chains and its open from back like in trackbike frames.

Today i found :
-marin muirwoods,almost in driveable condition
-Fjällräven 40 MTB frame,wheels and forks,in original paint.

got a hold of old Scott ( ? ) downhill frame that has two shock absorbers for rear swing,its broken as the steering tube has cracked off but ill think me and TIG will handle it :)

along comes some wheels and some 180-200mm fork as well.
plus basket full of parts.

for 50 euros,not too bad even if the frame is busted all the way.

well as i get it later today,ill take photos.

Back