The Titanium WTB Phoenix Thread: calling those in the know

I'm pleased this turned out to be pukka......I know exactly what those 'pit of the stomach' realisations of immense dread are like :LOL:

Looking forward to the build thread now ;)

neilll":2la6ypz3 said:
I'm pleased this turned out to be pukka......I know exactly what those 'pit of the stomach' realisations of immense dread are like :LOL:

Looking forward to the build thread now ;)

Exactly!

Thanks; I hope to have this project up and going by the middle of July, with a detailed build thread to follow. My goal is to be riding it by late summer/early fall.

anyone have thoughts on the probability of finding a well built 140mm rear hubbed wheel...not dished for 135mm hub?

GoldenEraMTB":luuwmswg said:
anyone have thoughts on the probability of finding a well built 140mm rear hubbed wheel...not dished for 135mm hub?
Older tandem hubs were often 140mm, if you don't mind 40 or 48 spokes. It's a trivial job to re-space a 135mm hub and re-dish the wheel though.

one-eyed_jim":kd145r5m said:
GoldenEraMTB":kd145r5m said:
Older tandem hubs were often 140mm, if you don't mind 40 or 48 spokes. It's a trivial job to re-space a 135mm hub and re-dish the wheel though.

and the added weight...I've looked into the tandem stuff. Not going to work.

Yes, I suppose I'll be looking for a rear chris king wheel or hub as I already have the spacer. I've googled it, and found that this is the concensus...chances of me finding a 140mm wtb paradigm hub are small :?

thanks

Back