Tiny gt frame and bits - doubt its a Zaskar though

curved end cap=probably not Zaskar, nice kit on it though inc. XTR cranks, X-lite bar ends and USE seat post

It's actually a 12.5" or XS frame also....not a 15" as listed. Can't possible be a Zaskar unless it's a Zaskar race frame that was originally billet in color with the blue bands and if it is... it was a 7005 Taiwan built frame...probably the least desirable of all Zaskar frames ever built.

I've now got this bike sat at my house.

It's got "6061" stamped on the inside of both dropouts, which would indicate that it's 6061 aluminium, and not 7005.

It also has "09964064" and "125" stamped on the outside of the non-drive dropout. I guess the "125" relates to the frame size.

The end of the toptube IS curved, and I understand that this isn't usually a feature on Zaskars. However, the 6061 aluminium would indicate that it probably is??? Hmmmmmm, I'm confused.com

Could someone please shed some light on what it is? I'd be more than happy to take a few good pics, but I don't really know what else to look for. I'd just be interested to know, I'm not bothered whether it's a Zaskar or not.

Thanks for your help :D

Tulstar":wyxlk9kt said:
I've now got this bike sat at my house.

It's got "6061" stamped on the inside of both dropouts, which would indicate that it's 6061 aluminium, and not 7005.

It also has "09964064" and "125" stamped on the outside of the non-drive dropout. I guess the "125" relates to the frame size.

The end of the toptube IS curved, and I understand that this isn't usually a feature on Zaskars. However, the 6061 aluminium would indicate that it probably is??? Hmmmmmm, I'm confused.com

Could someone please shed some light on what it is? I'd be more than happy to take a few good pics, but I don't really know what else to look for. I'd just be interested to know, I'm not bothered whether it's a Zaskar or not.

Thanks for your help :D
If the serial number and the size are stamped on the dropout it is a zaskar. If the serial number is on the BB shell it is not. Looks like you got yourself a Zaskar there!

Yay :D

I wouldn't have minded if it was something else though.... It's just nice to know what I've bought!

So does the fact that the end of the toptube (where the GT logo is stamped) is curved, rather than straight as on most other Zaskars mean that I've got a rarity? Lol ;)

Tulstar":2ikgacyq said:
Yay :D

I wouldn't have minded if it was something else though.... It's just nice to know what I've bought!

So does the fact that the end of the toptube (where the GT logo is stamped) is curved, rather than straight as on most other Zaskars mean that I've got a rarity? Lol ;)
Maybe, There are not that many in that small a size. I have seen a Zaskar with a curved plate before though.

Cool - I emailed GT this morning with a few details and a couple of nice close-up pics. Hopefully they'll confirm that it's a Zaskar too :D

I'm still waiting for GT to get back to me to confirm what it is!!!

Personally I'm pretty sure that it's a Zaskar... The details seem to check out. And when I spoke to the lady who I bought it from, she said that it was bought for her new, and she'd just used it to go out on with her husband every now and again - I don't think she sounded like the sort who would go changing decals and things!!!

main.php

Back