My Falcon Olympic #78, under going resto!

thedirtyroger

Retro Guru
I introduced myself and my bike on another thread but i thought i'd make one just for the restoration!

Unfortunatly it won't be a true original restoration and because I have little knowledge it won't be the best, but with this thread and your help it might be just that little bit better.

What i started with is a Falcon Olympic #78 from the early 70's. I picked it up from a car boot sale for 5 quid. Bargain me thinks! :D

It's got 27" wheels, 5 speed, shimano groupset and Weinmann brakes!

It was originaly red but i stripped it down to bare metal and painted it black just for starters.

dscn1218.jpg

The idea is to convert to a single speed although i'm not sure how possible this is due to the wheels. So for now it's gonna stay as a five speed.

I just gonna keep the back brake on as i quite like the look of it without the front brake.

I've just ordered:

new stem as this one seems to have been battered over the years and i wouldn't trust it on the hills.

Some flat handlebars.

Handlebar grip tape

New Chain

I'll post up pictures when they are fitted and its ready for the first ride :D

I'll be riding the Biggest Bristol Bike Ride with this for 38 miles! hope its a nice ride :?

Any ideas to make it better???

an another angle:

dscn1235z.jpg

I'm really happy with it, just need to sort the gears! Its basically a single speed at the mo,

Been out on quick 15 mile road all in one speed! Loved every minute of it but may need to add the front brake as the back doesn't stop you when your flying down a hill :shock:

Back