Views please

My 2p's worth to your friend, would be to buy a Litespeed or Merlin Ti frame and go from there :cool:

perry":fcga6m4p said:
i used to joke around that taking a mountain bike up a mountain was a warranty void :LOL:

Have a look at the warranty terms on the back of a Mongoose BMX manual and you won't think it's a joke then.

They're marketed with pics showing them doing jumps off ramps, etc. but the warranty states that using them to do stunts with will void the warranty.

That means that you can only use your brand new BMX for riding on cycle paths! :?

Second hand Specialized off Singletrack much better

Really hate Sram stuff so that puts me off as well

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This always seems like a strange arguement to me?

yes Halfords can put together a well specced bike, they have the clout of a huge company.

I could buy my groceries from Asda as well!!

The fact that i choose to do niether of those things should not sway anyone from buying anything from anywhere they wish.
Just remember, when your local shops including your Bike shop go out of business. You WILL have to buy whatever THEY choose to sell you.

Al. Getting off high horse! :roll:

ps i buy my shoes from a shoe shop my veg from a greengrocer and my bread from a baker.I feel no need to buy my bicycles from a car parts superstore! ;)

I was passing Halfords today and pop in for something and saw the Chris Boardman Pro HT, I have to say it's a cracking value for the spec you get on this bike at a grand and it's very light too, only downfall is the lack of frame colours.

They also sell Voodoo Ti D-Jab bikes with Fox forks and XT shifters and mechs on it for a grand too, I am seriousy tempted this one, not keen on the rear dropout but the rest of the bike looked good, it's amazing light too.

I know Halfords is not that great but take Halfords out of your head, I say Boardman and Voodoo bikes are good value for the money.

The quote on ronnie o' sullivan sums it all up
Just because some bike legend sticks his name on a frame does that automatically make it a top frame

No

Just because a frame says, team Only on it, does that mean its only available to the 'team'

No

Can Halfords be compared with Tesco

Yes

Can Halfords be compared to any Your LBS

No*

-------------------------------------------------
*If you use Halfords as your LBS,then you may be interested in a frame i have for sale
It's a Boardman 'team only' .very exclusive ;) ,Yours for £1500
[Sorry ,i can only do returns ,if my 17yr old Mechanic thinks it hasn't been abused]

Now where did i put Gil's contact details :?

dyna-ti :roll: you are missing the point, all I was saying the value of the bike is good with the spec on it, yes I wouldnt feel comfy having the bike serviced at Halfords as most of the staff are young and school leavers, but then again some LBS shops can be shite, well my LBS is! :LOL: I travel further about 10 miles away to a Bath bike shop to have my bike done if I cannot fix it.

Forget the Halfords name and young staff, the bike seem good, that's my point, they sell Voodoo too especially the top ones are good, Voodoo bikes do happen to sell various bike's shops aswell.

Back