MacRetro chat and rides thread

jimihendrix":2i8c2brq said:
clockworkgazz":2i8c2brq said:
the dale :cool: - representing the macretro massive so have to be on an old stead.

Good stuff, we'll mostly be on shiny bikes which will be a bit freaky, infact the other racers may be so freaked out they may stunned into forgetting why they are there and we may win :LOL:

Thought about fitting the bent cranks on the Orange but the buckle is pretty bad, E3 is going great just now, realy dont want to muck about with it too much before Dalby, how can a few loose chainring bolts cause so much grief and expence :roll:

don't mess with it- sweet ride and we can see if we can get a bulk discount from the dentist to replace all our fillings :LOL:

Totaly forgot i had these :D

newcranks001.jpg

Needless to say the chainring bolts are bomber tight :LOL:

hope you put a dab of threadloc on them , also hope theyre steel too

wheres your seat ? didnt swap it for the cranks did you :LOL:

Na there alloy, just beasted them up till they felt like they were going to snap :LOL: , will check them after the first couple of rides, unlike the last ones :oops:

Actually the cranks look better than they are, cheap Forge ones (that's why i forgot about them), different lengths too but hopefully it'll ride ok

Only have one Flite, it's on my E3 at the moment, will get another eventually, maybe have two complete bikes then, woooo hooooo :LOL:

they look really great JH- the option of which bike to take out will be nice- just need to saw 5mm off your left heel and you are sorted.

Here are a few pictures of my ride today.

The brother-in-law came down and took over nightingale duties so I got 2 hours of local trails in. You boys had made me feel bad about my non-retro mindset of late so dusted off the clockwork and hit the hills.

The route was very old school- good bit of road to get to some farm tracks to get to some bogs to get to some forest tracks and then some nice singletrack that lasts for 2 miles and then abruptly ends :evil: forcing a retracing of my tire tracks.

I got very muddy and rained on and my back is kind of sore as this old school riding position sucks donkeys but all in all was the best ride of my life, to quote someone on here.

orange7.jpg

orange8.jpg

orange5.jpg

orange6.jpg

orange4.jpg

orange2-1.jpg

orange.jpg

clockworkgazz":a0ftxhub said:

THAT IS INSPIRATIONAL

like the bruce or wallace surveying the land yonder..............

BTW who took the pic? A squirrel? :LOL:

clockworkgazz":3hm8pphs said:
it was a stump that took it :LOL:

I know what you mean I do look like a hero- a "mountain bike god" so to speak :twisted:

thats it exactly :!: :!: like you just felled all those trees to create your own trail. :LOL:

If Wallace or Bruce had looked like that the English would have died laughing, an easy victory for us, nice one Gaz :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back