Single speed crank question

If you can wait the 25th , bring it along and I ll set it up for you . I have 2 spare cogs ( 16 and 18 ) , you can try .

If I can get the Bottom bracket sorted and a chain ring etc I'll bring them along and we can take a look..

BTW - I think we have a couple of others joining us on the 25th..Did you send Nirvana a mail ?

I have the tools for the BB .
you might struggle to fond a 36t in 130mm .

forgot again about nirvana . :oops:

must do it today .

sorry Chris, didn't reply on the cogs. Ended up needing a new BB on bike I am building as axle was too short, so bought a whole Hollowtech 2 chainset on offer. Which means I now have a 32 ring, which means no longer need the 18T.

oh, they are 175mm cranks, as that is what rest of mine are..

thanks anyway

no worries , BTW the campa rims have arrived at my house in france , and I will bring them back next week .

hi hilts
i have toplines running on my single speed xizang - the chainline isnt too bad. i have a 32 salsa ring on the middle ring holes, and then a king sprocket on the freehub body - i used a combination of spacers to get this slightly more to the right than usual.
when i first set it up i used a 123 axle which had loads of clearence on the drive side but the cranks missed the frame by less than 1mm on the non drive (bare in mind this is a pretty skinny frame). its now got a 127 which works nicely on both sides tho ive just got a cooks bb with adjustable chainline from melvin to sort the problem properly.

BC

stevek":145o4g32 said:
I can't imagine 5 mm being of noticeable difference, It's only 1/5" in old money!

i went from 175s to 180s on my singlespeed and noticed a *huge* difference.

1) more torque. my legs didn't change, but the SS climbing got easier.

2) more dings. i whack pedals and crankarm ends on things far more than i used to (all at bottom of the stroke).

$0.02,

dookie

Back