Bridleways>Walkers, Cyclists, Horses and......Quadbikes!!

The government did commission a report (by consultants Faber Maunsell) a few years back to examine the alleged damage caused by recreational 4x4s on Byways (i.e. unsurfaced public roads open to all vehicles).

Over 90% was found to have been caused by legitimate agricultural traffic. And remember farmers drive quads, 4x4s, tractors, combine harvesters etc, etc.

Recreational vehicle use (i.e. 4x4s and trail motorcycles but unlikely to be many quads back then) were found not to contribute to trail damage in any significant way.

bloody farmers going about their business and feeding us with yummy products :evil: :LOL:

interesting nevertheless.

I would like to find out about my local bridleways, as they are bridleways and not byways, so there should not be any recreational vehicles, but i don't know about agricultural vehicles on these particular tracks, i do know that they are not owned by the farmers.

we have prats on crossers tearing through the local forest! reported them to the forestry guy but there is not much he can do! his advise is report them to the local police as they have a couple of officers on big crossers that turn up and hunt them down :twisted: one officer races quads so is more than able to used his police issue quad to do the job :D
just hope they catch them soon before someone gets hurt! they were tearing round over the bank holiday week end while the place was full of visitors!

Back