Peugeot bottom bracket help required

cyclone

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

my BB threads for the bolts were getting worn out as well as the crank arm fixing bolts themselves (rounded off) until disaster struck as you can see in the pics..one bolt sheared off in BB..oops

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

so basically does anyone know where i can get a new replacement BB and bolts or anyone have secondhand laying around?

I believe its the Swiss made BB as there is the groove in the cups and i bought the bike in '86....the BB has the markings TTS and 121 on it. The bolts have 8.8 stamped on them

cheers for any help

p.s i had been cleaning/polishing a motorbike swingarm...my hands didn't get that dirty just taking out a BB..lol

SDC10001.jpg

just to clarify its only the spindle and crank arm bolts i'm after.....

is this size spindle unavailable like swiss/french threaded cups are or is it standard sizing for spindle?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
cheers mate ,you are a legend.... :D

been through loads of threads on 'net regarding swiss/french BB's and it's all doom but i'm glad to hear the axle is standard....

if anyone else finds this thread and wonders what to do with a peugeot BB, to put it all in a nutshell..or should i say BB shell..lol, here is what ive found.....

if cups need replacing as well as axle for swiss or french BB's the options are....

befriend someone in an engineer shop and get frame rethreaded to British or Italian size if enough metal there in first place..

buy Phil Wood stuff but tres expensive

might get lucky on the bay

source another bike and break it for spares

the swiss thread is cut differently to the french so british standard cups should be able to be forced in and stay in for years..don't know what would happen when it's time for a regrease though..i.e would they go back in?

i bought my bike in '86 so should have been british sizing by then but i guess it was made a year or two earlier and just hung around

I'm just happy that the axle is standard so repair should be straight forward....fingers crossed..

Back