Yumeya

Well, I don´t like Yumeya because of the colour chosen...besides the name reminds me of a brazilian prostitute or something like that... :LOL: :LOL:

Many moons ago when I rode road...I could ride all day with a 6 speed block and never felt I didnt have enough gears..even when my best mate got a new bike with 7 speed block.

as far as yumeya goes, i think they might aswel called it youminger, i think it looks chavtastic, white and gold the 2 most recent fashion colours in bikes together, very over the top i think.

as far as xtr goes, i used to run full m900 back in the day, then started picking an choosing bits after that, never really liked the m950/2 stuff so only ran the shifters and mechs and v brakes, these days it's pretty much just the shifters and mechs, brakes are hope or whatever.

i definately think the rear mech is better than xt, mainly because of the jockey wheels lasting longer but i don't like the new xtr shifters, the action is too light and you can blow through extra gears unintentionally so i've stuck with the older ones. i do except the prices are stupid though, but then xo is daft money, so by comparison xtr has been cheap for a while and it's just caught up, don't forget they have upgraded it with carbon etc.

but i would never run the sram system, having worked in a shop and worked on that stuff i just think the shift is too clunky, the mechs bend and break too easily, the cables on some models are a sod to fit, and i think it looks over engineered to save weight, week and ugly.

my 2p

:D

Back