Leg Pains

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well, just the left leg actually.
Pulled the hamstring about two weeks ago...fairly badly...limping and all that.
The limp had nearly gone but the pain hasn't...in fact it seems to be moving. Shooting pains at the back of the leg, and now shooting pains over the knee. I'm starting to get bored of it.
I'm still commuting on my bike which does include a mash up a fairly large hill on the way home, maybe that is a bad idea.
Anyone else had this before? Any tips for quick recovery?
Cheers
Carl

Only properly torn my hamstring once, that was during a footie match, running full sprint and it just went and I collapsed like i'd been shot. Nasty deep burning pain and couldn't run for about 4 weeks, another two weeks to really work it hard. Never had shooting pains across the knee though - maybe you did some nerve damage with it?

I'd be off to the Doctors, but injuries stop me playing so I always get a Dr's referral ASAP so I can use my insurance to get treatment.

Stop riding on it if you can. It won't heal properly if you keep using it while damaged, scar tissue might be an issue if you've done enough damage.

I'd go and see a sports therapist or Physio for some advice, might cost you a bit but I'd ask myself if I could cope with it long term?

psyclone1976":2qwg3njy said:
Stop riding on it if you can. It won't heal properly if you keep using it while damaged, scar tissue might be an issue if you've done enough damage.

I'd go and see a sports therapist or Physio for some advice, might cost you a bit but I'd ask myself if I could cope with it long term?

Thanks fella...and above...I have been thinking that... :(

Good luck, i've been struggling though lower back pain for 3 years now and finally i might be able to have a full summer of riding with no pain.

Back