Going out with a stripper

With matters of the heart Jez I think you need to think about a few points. The start of any new relationship, whether its with someone you have known a while, or with a whole new person carries uncertainties. It is only natural to have concerns when finding things out about other people, but I have always found that speaking to them about it will either allay any fears, or confirm them, thus leaving you in a stronger position to follow whichever avenue you choose.

In this particular situation I think its important to think about the following, as it is not strictly speaking going to be like any other relationships you may have had:

First, self esteem. Yours and hers. Are you going to be happy with your girlfriend being ogled by other men, and as someone said above, often in a situation, albeit controlled, where she is wearing very little. You say she is confident, however is this as a result of her work, or a reaction to it?

Secondly, the future. If this relationship blossoms and grows, are you going to be able to leave this episode of her life behind you. Kids ask a lot of questions, people in the area will be aware of her and her past, there will be customers, fellow workers etc constantly reminding you both, and potentially causing harm.

Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, the question I always ask myself whenever embarking on a new chapter of love: will she take it up the ronson?

Ironically we did talk mountain bikes.

Bit of a tomboy. Knows all about rear mechs etc. and mountain biking.

This could all be great - OR could end in tears.....

jez-4-bikes-max":2zafve64 said:
This could all be great - OR could end in tears.....

...like every other relationship you or anyone else has ever entered into. If it feels right (no pun intended) then just go for it. If your still with her in 50 years time then you'll know it was right, if it goes wrong after a bit then you just put it down to experience. and at least then you'll be able to say "I dated a stripper" which will give workplace/bar kudos.

The only disadvantage I could see is some coin-eyed footballer type giving it the "Let me take you away from all this, darlin'" - give her a big rock and a Ferarri and a new pair of uggs every week. But then, if she's so shallow, you are better of without it.

Otherwise...

blap.gif

Back