Look Fournales forks and v-brakes

Xesh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just tried to fit my set of Crystal Design Vs to my Fournales fork and the lower crown was in the way! :evil:

All I need is to space out the brakes by 2mm and they'll work fine. Anyone got any ideas on how to do this?

I did try putting a 2mm washer behind the brake but when I tightened the pivot bolt the brake seized up. Is there any way to space out the bosses themselves?

lets have some pics

are the bosses removable at all ?

theres normally a large thread on the ones that do , might be able to put a spacer there

Yes, the bosses can be unscrewed. I don't know if there's going to be enough thread on them to fit a 2mm spacer behind them.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow (or later today now I've looked at the time :LOL: ).

:LOL:

yeas ago when me and mates would ride all night into the morning one mate would often say

" at the end of the day "

then another would reply

" or early in the morning :roll: "

:LOL: ah good times . sometimes we wouldnt set off until about now :LOL:

while im thinking about it one night sat in paignton multi story car park a tramp came up to us on a proflex with an extra inch shonkily welded onto the toptube/downtube . needless to say we didnt buy it off him for his asked £30 , even gave us some cider :LOL:

Well here's the pics. I think I've sorted it now. I'll have to wait until morning to find out though. Basically put 2mm of washers behind the brake boss. It should be OK as there's 10mm of thread and I'll be using some locktite.

Attachments

• ForksnVs02.JPG
    ForksnVs02.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 639
  • ForksnVs01.JPG
    ForksnVs01.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 639
dont forget to account for slop in the canti regarding clearance

looks cool and i spy a cool tool too

I hade the same problem, but it was just the bracket bit that the noodle fitted into that was making contact- I just bent it enough so it would clear!! :p

That's not an option for the brakes ye've got, so here's hoping the spacers work.

Also, if ye have any manuals or owt for fournales forks, any chance of letting mr have a scan- there's very little info online.

Cheers,
Dav

perry":2ggocn6w said:
dont forget to account for slop in the canti regarding clearance

looks cool and i spy a cool tool too

Unusually for Vs these don't seem to have any detectable slop on them.

Lysander":2ggocn6w said:
Also, if ye have any manuals or owt for fournales forks, any chance of letting mr have a scan- there's very little info online.

I'll have to see if my scanner still works! I do so little scanning that it could be classified as retro! :LOL: I don't even know if it'll work with XP/Vista as it uses the printer port to connect! :D

Xesh":22e73jn3 said:
............I don't even know if it'll work with XP/Vista as it uses the printer port to connect! :D

Mehh.............I had the same problem when I got my laptop- brilliant scanner, good fast scans, SCSI or printer connection!!............I've figgered it is possible to get a cable to go to usb-> printer serial, but it was cheaper just to buy an HP all in one printer for £50............still have an HP printer as well, ink refill kits, etc, nowt to connect to.............
:(

Back